The world's largest asset class, debt, operates with the worst data.
Technology has revolutionized equity markets with electronic trading, quant algos and instantaneous news. However, in debt capital markets, the picture is completely different. It still behaves like it’s in the 1980s; trillions of dollars of trades are placed over the phone, news is slow, and corporate credit information is imperfect and scattered.
Our mission is to change this.
9fin's proprietary technology delivers fast and comprehensive financial, credit, legal & ESG analysis. Our clients are able to make faster, more informed decisions, win more business and most importantly, save time.
Our fast growing list of clients include 9 of the top 10 Investment Banks, leading Asset Managers, Hedge Funds and Law Firms.
We are a product led company, looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Product Manager with a focus on early to mid stage career to be part of building our industry leading product, launching it to new international geographies and new user segments.
In this role, your primary responsibility will be to build and execute on our product roadmap. Day-to-day this means collaborating with our design, engineering and various business teams to research, scope and execute on product ideas. You will also have the opportunity to develop relationships with our clients and prospects in order to generate insights into how we can improve the existing product as well as understanding what we should be building next and with that impact our product strategy.
As a key member of the wider Product team, you will be reporting into the Lead Product Manager and have an international remit for the product verticals you own. We are growing our product lines and will also be hiring for further Product Managers to join the existing team. Collaborating with your colleagues in Design and Engineering on new and existing products, you’ll be able to drive growth across the UK and US by helping to create the best possible user experience for our industry leading product.
What you'll be working on
Every day is different, but here’s an example of the kind of things you’ll work on:
- Own and facilitate the full life-cycle of new feature developments, from ideation to fast launches of our products in new markets and to new user segments
- You'll have the opportunity to move between working on developing our client facing products and internally on the technology behind the data that our clients use
- Perform data based analysis to understand how our products and features are performing with our clients, and use the data insights to make strategic decisions on what changes we make to our offering
- Translate the needs of our clients into clear, actionable requirements for our engineering and business teams, while keeping an open feedback loop back to clients on progress
- Be part of setting the vision and implementing the strategy for the 9fin suite of products
- Collaborating across the company where we aim to “work out loud” and “work in the open”. That means that the natural state of doing your work at 9fin, is to be constantly “show-and-tell”-ing when milestones are reached, you have interesting facts to report or something to show (finished or not!).
- You communicate the product value to internal stakeholders such as sales and business teams, as well as to our customers
- Are experienced in the building and delivery of new technology products, or in the significant enhancement of existing products
- Have a clear understanding of the product development lifecycle from research and ideation into the build stage, through to GTM planning and launch, analysis & eventual product retirement
- Are naturally curious and inquisitive, about people, technology, finance and product management, and a desire to understand our clients pain points and building products that solve these are at the core of what we do
- Have a strong desire to make an impact by delivering products that innovate and take on the complex, data intensive domain of Debt Capital Markets
- No specific previous experience in Debt Capital Market is required, but it is desired. If you have a passion to learn something new and build great products to delight users, please still apply.
We’re a scaling start up and we enjoy sharing our success, when the company succeeds, we always reinvest that in our people. We also offer huge amounts of responsibility, an abundance of opportunity for growth and a platform to truly excel.
Financial & Insurance
- Competitive Salary(our salary bands are benchmarked at the top end of the market)
- Equity options
- Pension (your minimum contributions are 4% with 9fin matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Paid sick leave with Income Protection for long periods of illness
- Group Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan & Cycle to Work schemes
- 25 holiday days per year
- Local public holidays (with the ability to exchange them for alternative days)
- Hybrid working model, to allow you the flexibility to decide how, where and when you do your best work
- Work abroad for up to 3 months a year
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years of service
- Enhanced parental leave & flexible working arrangements available
Training & Culture
- Professional learning and development budget
- Quarterly team socials
- Summer and Winter company social events
A note from the hiring managerMy vision is to build the world class product for finance professionals and have some of the brightest and most ambitious minds help us do that at 9fin. Join me and my colleagues in the product team to help take product development and user experience to the next level and to build a truly unique product led company in 9fin.
Come and join us
Don’t meet every single requirement? At 9fin we are dedicated to building and promoting a fair and inclusive workplace where everyone can flourish, reach their full potential and truly belong. We recognise diverse teams allow a more creative and productive environment. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be who we’re looking for - for this role, or perhaps another.