Director of Marketing
The world's largest asset class, debt, operates with the worst data.
Technology has revolutionized equity markets with electronic trading, quant algos and instantaneous news. However, in debt capital markets, the picture is completely different. It still behaves like it’s in the 1980s; trillions of dollars of trades are placed over the phone, news is slow, and corporate credit information is imperfect and scattered.
Our mission is to change this.
9fin's proprietary technology delivers fast and comprehensive financial, credit, legal & ESG analysis. Our clients are able to make faster, more informed decisions, win more business and most importantly, save time.
Our fast growing list of clients include 9 of the top 10 Investment Banks, leading Asset Managers, Hedge Funds and Law Firms.
About the role
The newly created Director of Marketing role at 9fin will be pivotal in shaping our brand, driving demand generation, and building a powerful market presence across our different geographies and product verticals. You’ll have the unique opportunity to shape the marketing function, working closely with European and US Sales and other cross-functional teams to develop and execute strategic marketing initiatives that resonate with our target audience and accelerate our growth in line with our wider company goals.
What you’ll work on
Every day is different, but here’s an example of the kind of things you’ll work on:
- Develop and refine the overall marketing strategy to align with the 9fin’s ambitious growth goals
- Identify key market segments, customer personas, and value propositions to drive targeted messaging and campaigns
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define and communicate 9fin’s brand identity, ensuring consistency across all touchpoints
- Build and lead a high-performing marketing team focused on lead generation, pipeline acceleration, and revenue growth
- Drive the creation and execution of multi-channel marketing campaigns (podcasts, content, social, email, events, webinars, etc.) that effectively engage prospects and drive conversions
- Implement a data-driven approach to marketing, leveraging analytics to measure campaign performance, optimize strategies and achieve agreed OKRs
- Partner with our Product and Sales teams to develop a compelling product messaging, positioning, and collateral that effectively communicates the value of our product in our market
- Craft customer-centric content, cases studies, and success stories to showcase the impact of our solutions and establish thought leadership within the industry.
- Enhance brand awareness and credibility through thought leadership initiatives, speaking engagements for 9finners, and participation in relevant industry events and conferences
- Oversee the development of high-quality marketing materials, including website content, conference materials, blogs etc.
- Build, mentor, and inspire a high-performing marketing team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous learning
- Provide strategic guidance and professional development opportunities for team members, ensuring their growth within 9fin
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Product, and other internal teams to ensure a seamless customer journey
- Provide valuable market insights and customer feedback to inform 9fin’s product development in order to enhance customer experience
This role will be a great fit if you:
- Experienced marketing leader with a background in either a fast-growing B2B enterprise software company or have experience in Capital Markets, Data/Risk analytics or SaaS.
- Experience in recruiting, building and managing a high-performing, engaged marketing team
- Strong experience creating and executing marketing campaigns from concept to completion
- An analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data and insights to drive marketing strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and present to senior stakeholders
- Experience scaling marketing efforts within a growing company is an advantage
We’re a scaling start up and we enjoy sharing our success, when the company succeeds, we always reinvest that in our people. We also offer huge amounts of responsibility, an abundance of opportunity for growth and a platform to truly excel.
Financial & Insurance
Salary range: $200,000 - 220,000 + Equity options
- Competitive Salary (our salary bands are benchmarked at the top end of the market)
- Equity options
- 401(k) (9fin pay 3%, employee contributions are uncapped)
- Private Health Insurance, with Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (optional)
- Paid sick leave
- Disability Insurance (New York)
- Commuter Benefit
- 25 vacation days per year
- Local public holiday
- Hybrid working model, to allow you the flexibility to decide how, where and when you do your best work
- Work abroad for up to 3 months a year
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years of service
- Enhanced parental leave & flexible working arrangements available
Training & Culture
- Professional learning and development budget
- Quarterly team socials
- Summer and Winter company social events
9fin is an equal opportunities employer
Don’t meet every single requirement? At 9fin we are dedicated to building and promoting a fair and inclusive workplace where everyone can flourish, reach their full potential and truly belong. We recognise diverse teams allow a more creative and productive environment. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be who we’re looking for - for this role, or perhaps another.