Senior ML Software Engineer
The world's largest asset class, debt, operates with the worst data.
Technology has revolutionized equity markets with electronic trading, quant algos and instantaneous news. However, in debt capital markets, the picture is completely different. It still behaves like it’s in the 1980s; trillions of dollars of trades are placed over the phone, news is slow, and corporate credit information is imperfect and scattered.
Our mission is to change this.
9fin's proprietary technology delivers fast and comprehensive financial, credit, legal & ESG analysis. Our clients are able to make faster, more informed decisions, win more business and most importantly, save time.
Our fast growing list of clients include 9 of the top 10 Investment Banks, leading Asset Managers, Hedge Funds and Law Firms.
The Data Science team is growing at 9fin! We are doing world-class work with ground breaking technologies to build data-driven products using machine learning, computer vision, natural language processing, speech and audio, and knowledge/data mining. We are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help us define and build our capabilities. Come and join us, you will get to build large scale machine learning systems, learn and apply the latest techniques, and work alongside other great researchers and engineers!
Every day is different, but here's an example of the kind of things you'll work on:
- Take the lead on designing, building, and maintaining the ML infrastructure at 9fin.
- Authoring CI/CD pipelines to streamline our model training and deployment workflows.
- Optimising our containerized runtimes for our training and inference workloads.
- Collaborate with Machine Learning engineers and product teams to understand the problems at hand.
- Mentoring other team members into adopting best modern SE practices. You will be bringing the best software engineering practices to a growing ML team.
- Developing monitoring/alerting solutions for our training jobs and inference endpoints
This role will be a great fit if you have:
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, and have solid programming skills.
- Great teammate with strong organisational & communication skills. We’re a highly collaborative team, both internally and across other teams.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, software design) and problem-solving skills.
- Industry experience delivering and maintaining large-scale complex and distributed systems into production.
- Experience with Unix systems, Docker, and AWS services. We are heavily integrated with AWS so skills to leverage AWS services is essential.
- Solid grasp of MLOps and experience setting up tooling (e.g., experiment tracking, model packaging).
- Familiarity with industry-standard ML frameworks (e.g PyTorch) and GPUs are a strong plus!
We’re a scaling start up and we enjoy sharing our success, when the company succeeds, we always reinvest that in our people. We also offer huge amounts of responsibility, an abundance of opportunity for growth and a platform to truly excel.
Financial & Insurance
- Competitive Salary(our salary bands are benchmarked at the top end of the market)
- Equity options
- Pension (your minimum contributions are 4% with 9fin matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Paid sick leave with Income Protection for long periods of illness
- Group Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan & Cycle to Work schemes
- 25 holiday days per year
- Local public holidays (with the ability to exchange them for alternative days)
- Hybrid working model, to allow you the flexibility to decide how, where and when you do your best work
- Work abroad for up to 3 months a year
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years of service
- Enhanced parental leave & flexible working arrangements available
Training & Culture
- Professional learning and development budget
- Quarterly team socials
- Summer and Winter company social events
9fin is an equal opportunities employer
Don’t meet every single requirement? At 9fin we are dedicated to building and promoting a fair and inclusive workplace where everyone can flourish, reach their full potential and truly belong. We recognise diverse teams allow a more creative and productive environment. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be who we’re looking for - for this role, or perhaps another.