Senior Credit Analyst
The world's largest asset class, debt, operates with the worst data.
Technology has revolutionised equity markets with electronic trading, quant algos and instantaneous news. However, in debt capital markets, the picture is completely different. It still behaves like it’s in the 1980s; trillions of dollars of trades are placed over the phone, news is slow, and corporate credit information is imperfect and scattered.
Our mission is to change this.
9fin's proprietary technology delivers fast and comprehensive financial, credit, legal & ESG analysis. Our clients are able to make faster, more informed decisions, win more business and most importantly, save time.
Our fast growing list of clients include 9 of the top 10 Investment Banks, leading Asset Managers, Hedge Funds and Law Firms.
What you'll work on
Every day is different, but here’s an example of the kind of things you’ll work on:
- Analysis – as either a generalist or specialised in a particular sector, deep dive into High Yield earnings reports, provide financial updates on specific credits, review new deals and produce market-leading thematic research
- Training and development – alongside building your own expertise, use your knowledge to help 9fin’s growing analyst team develop their skills. This may also include line management, providing daily guidance, motivation and feedback
- Relationship & product evangelism – Support clients, answer questions on our platform and provide insight. Gather feedback and work with the product team to develop the 9fin offering, taking the lead on new and exciting developments
- Coverage – While the majority of the data we consume at 9fin is automated, analysts are responsible for setting up their workflows, auditing and sense-checking the information presented to clients. Take pride, ensuring your coverage is up-to-date, accurate and complete
This role will be a great fit if you:
- Experience – 3+ years experience in high yield or leveraged finance markets. This may be via sell-side, buy-side or third party research firms
- Strong communication – demonstrate clear and effective written and verbal communication, producing clean, timely, and accurate copy in a concise manner. Exhibit excellent attention to detail
- Problem solving – enjoy interpreting information and constructing effective solutions to complex problems. Be a team player, but also able to effectively work alone (although help is always on hand if you need)
- Drive – Bring an inquisitive and passionate mindset, demonstrating a strong interest in the development and dynamics of financial (and especially) capital markets. A self-starter, you should be up for the challenge of a role that will morph and transform as we continue to grow
We’re a scaling start up and we enjoy sharing our success, when the company succeeds, we always reinvest that in our people. We also offer huge amounts of responsibility, an abundance of opportunity for growth and a platform to truly excel.
Financial & Insurance
- Competitive Salary(our salary bands are benchmarked at the top end of the market)
- Equity options
- Pension (your minimum contributions are 4% with 9fin matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Paid sick leave with Income Protection for long periods of illness
- Group Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan & Cycle to Work schemes
- 25 vacation days per year
- Local public holiday
- Hybrid working model, to allow you the flexibility to decide how, where and when you do your best work
- Work abroad for up to 3 months a year
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years of service
- Enhanced parental leave & flexible working arrangements available
Training & Culture
- Professional learning and development budget
- Quarterly team socials
- Summer and Winter company social events
A note from the hiring manager
“Be interested, and ask questions! The most impressive people I’ve worked with have shown genuine curiosity in some or most parts of what we do. Whether that’s being mystified by a new offbeat deal structure, or developing your knowledge of credit market dynamics, lots of what we do involves solving problems.
At 9fin we’re here to decode and understand these problems. From there we provide clients the best-in-class data, insight or research – and as a Senior Credit Analyst you’ll be at the forefront of this drive. You’ll have a clear role in providing market leading analysis to 9fin’s institutional client base, in addition to aiding the growth and development of the existing team.
I’ve been very lucky to see 9fin’s rapid growth in the last few years, we took on new challenges and created a name for ourselves in Europe. If you’re up for the challenge, there’s a tonne of exposure to the sharp-end of fixed income markets, great opportunities for your own career development and a place for you to have a real stake in 9fin’s future success"
9fin is an equal opportunities employer
Don’t meet every single requirement? At 9fin we are dedicated to building and promoting a fair and inclusive workplace where everyone can flourish, reach their full potential and truly belong. We recognise diverse teams allow a more creative and productive environment. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be who we’re looking for - for this role, or perhaps another.