The world's largest asset class, debt, operates with the worst data.
Technology has revolutionised equity markets with electronic trading, quant algos and instantaneous news. However, in debt capital markets, the picture is completely different. It still behaves like it’s in the 1980s; trillions of dollars of trades are placed over the phone, news is slow, and corporate credit information is imperfect and scattered.
Our mission is to change this.
9fin's proprietary technology delivers fast and comprehensive financial, credit, legal & ESG analysis. Our clients are able to make faster, more informed decisions, win more business and most importantly, save time.
Our fast growing list of clients include 9 of the top 10 Investment Banks, leading Asset Managers, Hedge Funds and Law Firms.
The Sales Team is at the forefront of building client relationships and driving revenue through enhancing clients work flow. This role focuses on bringing new clients and cross selling within existing accounts. There is a high degree of collaboration between other teams to execute the sales growth strategy; enhance our high quality, high functioning, great looking, easy to use products; and to produce a top tier customer experience.
This is an opportunity to join a highly motivated and driven team within an exponentially growing business, servicing the largest financial market in the world, giving you the opportunity to accelerate your Sales career.
What you'll be working on
Every day is different, but here’s an example of the kind of things you’ll work on:
- Managing and building strong relationships across a book of key 9fin clients
- Driving account expansion across existing accounts, targeting 120% net retention
- Demonstrating new features & products from the 9fin platform to clients
- Attending relevant industry conferences and events
- Developing pricing strategies to upsell and cross sell additional 9fin products & services
- Engaging with senior decision makers and influencers at existing clients to understand future business / product opportunities
- Maintaining up to date records of client interactions via our CRM
This role will be a great fit if you:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant account management experience (Capital Markets, B2B Sales or Business Development)
- A strong knowledge of financial markets, and a demonstrated ability to build strong relationships within buyside, sellside & advisory community
- A track record of managing & growing a book of enterprise clients (min $1m+ book of business)
- Ability to plan and prioritise important tasks and work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills conveying messages accurately and concisely
- Team player, but also able to work effectively alone (help is always at hand if you need though!)
- Existing relationships / network within the Leveraged Finance community would be beneficial
We’re a scaling start up and we enjoy sharing our success, when the company succeeds, we always reinvest that in our people. We also offer huge amounts of responsibility, an abundance of opportunity for growth and a platform to truly excel.
Financial & Insurance
- Competitive Salary(our salary bands are benchmarked at the top end of the market)
- Equity options
- Pension (your minimum contributions are 4% with 9fin matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Paid sick leave with Income Protection for long periods of illness
- Group Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan & Cycle to Work schemes
- 25 holiday days per year
- Local public holidays (with the ability to exchange them for alternative days)
- Hybrid working model, to allow you the flexibility to decide how, where and when you do your best work
- Work abroad for up to 3 months a year
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years of service
- Enhanced parental leave & flexible working arrangements available
Training & Culture
- Professional learning and development budget
- Quarterly team socials
- Summer and Winter company social events
A note from the hiring manager
"Now is an exciting time to join 9fin. In 2020 we had a handful of clients and an untested product, but thanks to the efforts of the incredible engineering and content teams, we’ve made huge strides in the last three years. We now find ourselves with a game-changing tech platform and huge opportunities across the world’s biggest financial institutions.
We need driven and ambitious sales and account management professionals to help us break into new markets, launch brand new product lines and unlock 9fin’s massive potential. It’s a great opportunity to become part of a fast-paced and high-achieving team, with plenty of room for growth as 9fin push from start-up to scale-up and beyond!"
Come and join us
Don’t meet every single requirement? At 9fin we are dedicated to building and promoting a fair and inclusive workplace where everyone can flourish, reach their full potential and truly belong. We recognise diverse teams allow a more creative and productive environment. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be who we’re looking for - for this role, or perhaps another.