Senior Distressed Credit Analyst
9fin is looking for an experienced credit analyst to help expand coverage of the US distressed debt market.
If you’re a dynamic, focused, and collaborative person who can produce market-moving content and inspire others to do the same, we want to work with you!
Debt is the world's largest asset class, and it operates with the worst technology: trillions of dollars of trades are placed over the phone, news is slow, and information is scattered.
Our mission is to change this. 9fin's proprietary technology delivers fast and comprehensive news, data, and analysis on all aspects of corporate debt, from company financials through to credit analysis, legal documentation and ESG.
We enable our clients to make faster and better-informed decisions, helping them win more business — and most importantly, save time. Our fast-growing list of clients includes 9 of the top 10 investment banks, as well as leading asset managers, hedge funds and law firms.
What you'll work on
Every day is different, but here’s an example of the kind of things you’ll work on:
- Analysis — You’ll produce detailed reports on distressed companies, distilling complex ideas into actionable content to help our clients get their heads around opportunities in the market
- Training and development — You’ll help us build out the distressed analyst team, and use your skills and knowledge to help train less experienced colleagues
- Build relationships and be a product ambassador — You’ll interact directly with clients, sharing your expertise and understanding their needs to help develop 9fin products
- Monitoring markets — You’ll learn to harness our technology to identify new situations for us to cover, ensuring 9fin’s coverage of the distressed market is timely and comprehensive
This role will be a great fit if you are:
- Experienced — 5+ years experience in high yield or leveraged finance markets. This may be via sell-side, buy-side or third-party research firms
- A strong communicator — Demonstrate clear and effective written and verbal communication, producing clean, timely, and accurate copy in a concise manner, with unwavering attention to detail
- A problem solver — Enjoy interpreting information and constructing effective solutions to complex problems. Be a team player, but also able to effectively work alone (and willing to seek help when it’s needed)
- Driven — Bring an inquisitive and passionate mindset, demonstrating a strong interest in the development and dynamics of capital markets. A self-starter, you should be up for the challenge of a role that will morph and transform as we continue to grow
We’re a scaling start up and we enjoy sharing our success, when the company succeeds, we always reinvest that in our people. We also offer huge amounts of responsibility, an abundance of opportunity for growth and a platform to truly excel.
- $150,000 - $200,000 (depending on experience)
- Equity options
- 401(k) (company pays 3%, employee contributions are uncapped)
- Private health insurance, with dental and vision; optional Health Savings Account
- Paid sick leave
- Disability insurance (New York)
- Commuter benefit
- 25 vacation days per year, plus public holidays
- Hybrid working model — you’re free to work wherever you work best
- Paid sabbatical — 1 month after 5 years of employment
- Enhanced parental leave and flexible working arrangements available
Training and culture
- Professional learning and development budget
- Quarterly team socials, bi-annual company events
9fin is an equal opportunities employer
At 9fin we are dedicated to building and promoting a fair and inclusive workplace where everyone can reach their full potential and truly belong. We recognize that diverse teams allow a more creative and productive environment.
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be who we’re looking for — either for this role, or perhaps another.