The world's largest asset class, debt, operates with the worst data.
Technology has revolutionized equity markets with electronic trading, quant algos and instantaneous news. However, in debt capital markets, the picture is completely different. It still behaves like it’s in the 1980s; trillions of dollars of trades are placed over the phone, news is slow, and corporate credit information is imperfect and scattered.
Our mission is to change this.
9fin's proprietary technology delivers fast and comprehensive financial, credit, legal & ESG analysis. Our clients are able to make faster, more informed decisions, win more business and most importantly, save time.
Our fast growing list of clients include 9 of the top 10 Investment Banks, leading Asset Managers, Hedge Funds and Law Firms.
Are you a passionate and experienced Product Designer with a flair for crafting exceptional user interfaces and conducting valuable UX research? If you're excited about the prospect of shaping the future of our products, improving user experiences, and collaborating with cross-functional teams, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
What you'll work on
In this role, you will be at the heart of our product development process. Every day is different, but here’s an example of the kind of things you’ll work on:
- Designing great UI: Creating beautiful, practical, and delightful UI for 9fin’s users.
- Focussing on the user: Collecting, digesting and actioning user feedback to optimise and improve UX. Conduct user research, interviews, and usability testing to gather valuable insights and drive your design decisions.
- Feature Enhancements: Continuously improve existing features to accommodate new use cases, working closely with our Business, Product, and Engineering teams.
- Cross-Team Collaboration: Collaborate closely with the Business, Product, and Engineering teams to communicate your design ideas, gather feedback, and guide the implementation process.
- Engineering Partnership: Work hand-in-hand with Engineers to ensure the technical feasibility of your designs and provide guidance during the implementation phase.
- Sharing Knowledge: Collaborate with other Designers to help improve each other’s work.
- Gardening: Maintain well-organised design files that are easily accessible and understandable for everyone to understand and use in future.
This role will be a great fit if you:
- You focus on what’s important. You know how to distill a group of ideas into an MVP, by identifying what is actually important, then tactically adding polish.
- You care about the details. You think about every state, not just the happy cases. You can ship robust, functional, and pragmatic designs.
- You are a great communicator. You can work with stakeholders to identify a problem, then explore design solutions.
- You know your tools. We use Figma for Product design and prototyping, and some other tools for UX testing. You also have experience designing and maintaining a reusable design system.
- You can show your design thinking. You know how to use sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to show how your designs would work in practice. You can gauge the appropriate fidelity to convey your ideas.
- You test and iterate. You use interviews, user testing and feedback to keep the needs of the user at the forefront, prioritising functionality before appearance.
We’re a scaling start up and we enjoy sharing our success, when the company succeeds, we always reinvest that in our people. We also offer huge amounts of responsibility, an abundance of opportunity for growth and a platform to truly excel.
Financial & Insurance
- Competitive Salary(our salary bands are benchmarked at the top end of the market)
- Equity options
- Pension (your minimum contributions are 4% with 9fin matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Paid sick leave with Income Protection for long periods of illness
- Group Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan & Cycle to Work schemes
- 25 holiday days per year
- Local public holidays (with the ability to exchange them for alternative days)
- Hybrid working model, to allow you the flexibility to decide how, where and when you do your best work
- Work abroad for up to 3 months a year
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years of service
- Enhanced parental leave & flexible working arrangements available
Training & Culture
- Professional learning and development budget
- Quarterly team socials
- Summer and Winter company social events
A note from the hiring manager
“9fin is a great place to work. We’re a friendly bunch. I have been here for almost 6 years, and I still come to work excited each day. We are on a mission to build a world-class product for finance professionals. We're not here to mimic the stagnant competitors; we're here to build something world-class. Something beautiful and user-focused. Design is a massive part of that. Join our Design Team, and your work will have a direct impact on 9fin’s journey.”
9fin is an equal opportunities employer
Don’t meet every single requirement? At 9fin we are dedicated to building and promoting a fair and inclusive workplace where everyone can flourish, reach their full potential and truly belong. We recognise diverse teams allow a more creative and productive environment. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be who we’re looking for - for this role, or perhaps another.