The world's largest asset class, debt, operates with the worst data.
Technology has revolutionized equity markets with electronic trading, quant algos and instantaneous news. However, in debt capital markets, the picture is completely different. It still behaves like it’s in the 1980s; trillions of dollars of trades are placed over the phone, news is slow, and corporate credit information is imperfect and scattered.
Our mission is to change this.
9fin's proprietary technology delivers fast and comprehensive financial, credit, legal & ESG analysis. Our clients are able to make faster, more informed decisions, win more business and most importantly, save time.
Our fast growing list of clients include 9 of the top 10 Investment Banks, leading Asset Managers, Hedge Funds and Law Firms.
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Visual Designer to join our growing team. If you're excited about the prospect of diving deep into growing a single product, maintaining design consistency, and contributing to our brand identity, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
In this role, you will help to craft captivating marketing materials that resonate with our audience. You’ll use tools like Figma to create designs that will be seen by thousands of people on social media, and will have a big impact on the future of our product.
Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to explore motion graphics and video editing, using tools like After Effects, to create captivating video content.
What you'll work on
In this role, you will be at the heart of our product development process. Every day is different, but here’s an example of the kind of things you’ll work on:
- Design social media graphics that grab attention and maintain brand consistency.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to brainstorm and execute creative design concepts, and to craft compelling copy to complement your visual designs.
- Create visually stunning brochures, flyers, and banners that effectively communicate our products and services to potential clients.
- Utilize your audio and video editing skills to create compelling videos for social media and our users.
- Develop eye-catching static assets for email marketing campaigns that drive engagement and conversion.
- Collaborate with the Product team to create visual assets for product launches and help content.
This role will be a great fit if:
- You are Passionate About Visual Storytelling. If you have a keen eye for aesthetics, and a desire to convey messages creatively through design, you'll thrive in this role. Your ability to captivate audiences through your designs will set you apart.
- You embrace Creativity and Consistency: We value both creativity and design consistency. Striking a balance between pushing creative boundaries while maintaining a cohesive brand identity, to keep our marketing materials both attention-grabbing and on-brand.
- You Enjoy Multifaceted Design Challenges: This role involves a diverse range of design tasks, from brochures to social media graphics to video content. If you relish the opportunity to tackle multifaceted design challenges and are excited about learning and applying new design skills, you're the perfect fit.
- You Thrive in a Fast-Paced Environment: Startups move quickly, and we need a Visual Designer who enjoys that environment. You should thrive in a fast-paced work environment, adapt easily to shifting priorities, negotiate deadlines, and be able to deliver high-quality designs within the time available.
- You Collaborate Actively and Openly: Collaboration is key. If you're an active listener, open to feedback, and can iterate quickly to align your designs with stakeholder feedback, you'll like our design process. You are Eager to Make an Impact: We're not just looking for a designer; we're seeking someone who wants their work to make a meaningful impact. You're excited about contributing to growing one brand, enhancing user experiences, and leaving your mark on the finance industry through design.
We’re a scaling start up and we enjoy sharing our success, when the company succeeds, we always reinvest that in our people. We also offer huge amounts of responsibility, an abundance of opportunity for growth and a platform to truly excel.
Financial & Insurance
- Competitive Salary(our salary bands are benchmarked at the top end of the market)
- Equity options
- Pension (your minimum contributions are 4% with 9fin matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Paid sick leave with Income Protection for long periods of illness
- Group Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan & Cycle to Work schemes
- 25 holiday days per year
- Local public holidays (with the ability to exchange them for alternative days)
- Hybrid working model, to allow you the flexibility to decide how, where and when you do your best work
- Work abroad for up to 3 months a year
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years of service
- Enhanced parental leave & flexible working arrangements available
Training & Culture
- Professional learning and development budget
- Quarterly team socials
- Summer and Winter company social events
A note from the hiring manager
“9fin is a great place to work. We’re a friendly bunch. I have been here for almost 6 years, and I still come to work excited each day. We are on a mission to build a world-class product for finance professionals. We're not here to mimic the stagnant competitors; we're here to build something world-class. Something beautiful and user-focused. Design is a massive part of that. Join our Design Team, and your work will have a direct impact on 9fin’s journey.”
9fin is an equal opportunities employer
Don’t meet every single requirement? At 9fin we are dedicated to building and promoting a fair and inclusive workplace where everyone can flourish, reach their full potential and truly belong. We recognise diverse teams allow a more creative and productive environment. So, if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t perfectly align with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be who we’re looking for - for this role, or perhaps another.