Customer Advocate I (6-month FTC)
We’re Charlie and we exist to Make Work Better. We believe the best way to do this is by equipping progressive small companies with effortless HR tools to deliberately craft a happy, high-performing culture every day.
We’re looking for a Customer Advocate to join our growing team – and help us to deliver world-class customer care and create delightful experiences for our users.
As a Customer Advocate, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day management of our customer support via email and live chat, as well as working as part of a team to keep satisfaction levels high and ensure low rates of customer churn.
Come on and join us to make work better!
What is a "Customer Advocate I"?
We have a career progression framework that includes Individual Contributor (IC) and People Manager (PM) tracks. IC1 is a junior Customer Advocate, IC4 is a senior Customer Advocate, and IC levels 2 and 3 cover that middle area. With this role, we’re looking for a level 1.1 - 1.2 on the IC track.
In this role you will:
- Deliver excellent customer support via email and live chat, in line with our SLAs - ensuring high satisfaction rates and quick response times
- Identify opportunities to implement, improve and automate support processes that enhance our customer experience
- Gather and report on customer feedback in order to increase our understanding of customer needs across the business (e.g. NPS, inbound live chat feedback, feature requests, churn feedback)
- Advocate for our customers and their needs internally, using data-backed insights
- Educate users on the value of CharlieHR and help them to get maximum value from our product, via demos and 1:1 customer calls
- Work collaboratively as part of a small and agile team, and develop strong relationships with other functions across the business (e.g. product, marketing
You must have:
- 1-2 years of customer support experience, preferably within B2B tech/SaaS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - you’re great at making concepts simple and easy to understand
- Empathy and the ability to build strong relationships, both internally and with customers
- Solid presentation skills - you can concisely and confidently articulate the value of our product
- An experimentation mindset - you’re not afraid to try new things, learn from experiences, and get “scrappy”
- A commercial awareness - you’re revenue driven and make decisions using data
- Self-awareness and humility – you know that honest feedback is how you grow, and you’re not afraid to ask for help
Let us know if you have: (all of these are desirable, but none are required)
- Interest or background in HR/employee wellbeing tech
- Experience using Intercom for customer support
We will still consider applications even if you don't meet every single one of the above requirements, so don't be put off if you don't match them absolutely perfectly!
This is a 6-month FTC. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in the UK.
The Way We Work
How we're crafting ownership, belonging and structured flexibility:
- A team of 38 that genuinely enjoy spending time together, with regular in-person and remote events to foster connection
- 9 day fortnights — our adjusted work week. We have every other Friday off work and have a meeting-free Wednesday on the five-day weeks to give time for deep work
- Hybrid-first approach; we optimise for office and remote working to be valued equally, and to be equally valuable
- Live anywhere in the UK; we have 6 set days per year that we require the team to be together in our London office, but you have the flexibility to live anywhere in the UK
- 90 bookable "nomad working" days outside of the UK in any timezone each year
- No fixed working hours; you take ownership over how you get your work done
- An amazing office space in East London's pet-friendly Second Home, and membership access to their wider London, Lisbon and LA locations.
- “Exploration days” when you can work on whatever across the company
- We have review cycles 3x a year using our transparent career progression framework, and dedicated personal development time
- A benchmarked salary from £29,000 to £32,000 based on your level within our progression framework
- £750 yearly Work Your Way budget
- £300 yearly nomad working budget
- £30 monthly wellbeing budget
- Private Health Insurance through Vitality
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays + 2 additional days off over Christmas
- 4 bookable “Personal days” per year for when you can’t bring your full self to work
- Enhanced Equal Parental Leave policy
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team.