HR Advisor II (6-month FTC)
We’re Charlie and we exist to Make Work Better. We believe the best way to do this is by building a tool that democratises great HR for small businesses.We’re looking for an HR Advisor II, on a 6 month FTC, to join our growing HR Advice team and deliver an excellent service to our customers. Come on and join us to make work better!
What is an "HR Advisor II"?
We have a career progression framework that each role sits in. Level One is a Junior HR Advisor, Level Four is a Senior HR Advisor, and Level Two and Level Three cover that middle area.
In this role you will:
As an HR Advisor you’ll be responsible for:
- Account managing a portfolio of around 100 customers building lasting relationships
- Resolve complex HR issues to a high standard, including but not limited to redundancies, restructures, performance, conduct and sickness absence issues
- Coach customers on dealing with sensitive and challenging people issues
- Keep up to date with changing UK Employment legislations and how it impacts small businesses
- Advise customers on how progressive policies and processes tailored to small businesses can help shape a great people culture
- Support customers with Diversity & Inclusion and audit their current practices
- Ensure high quality documents and reviews are provided to customers, e.g handbook creations, handbook reviews and contract reviews
- Implement and lead on proactive outreach campaigns to engage customers
- Find opportunities to upsell training and other HR work to our customers
- Research and developing content for training sessions and confidently deliver this to our customers
- Lead on reporting for success metrics
- Mentor and up skill junior HR Coordinators
You must have:
- Working towards, or gained, Level 5 or 7 CIPD Qualification
- In-depth knowledge of employment law and able to independently resolve complex HR issues
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and manage multiple deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to report on key success metrics
- Desire to learn and contribute ideas to help build a world class service
- Self-awareness and humility – you know that honest feedback is how you grow, and you’re not afraid to ask for help
Let us know if you have: (all of these are desirable, but none are required)
- Worked in an outsourced HR environment
- Experience working within a start-up/fast growing business
We will still consider applications even if you don't meet every single one of the above requirements, so don't be put off if you don't match them absolutely perfectly!
This is a fixed term full-time role. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in the UK.
The Way We Work
How we're crafting ownership, belonging and structured flexibility:
- A team of 42 that genuinely enjoy spending time together, with regular in-person and remote events to foster connection
- 9 day fortnights; our adjusted work week. We have every other Friday off work and have a meeting-free Wednesday on the five-day weeks to give time for deep work
- Hybrid-first approach; we optimise for office and remote working to be valued equally, and to be equally valuable
- Live anywhere in the UK; we have 8 set days per year that we require the team to be together in our London office, but you have the flexibility to live anywhere in the UK
- 90 bookable "nomad working" days outside of the UK in any timezone each year
- No fixed working hours; you take ownership over how you get your work done
- An amazing office space in East London's pet-friendly Second Home, and membership access to their wider London, Lisbon and LA locations.
- “Exploration days” when you can work on whatever across the company
- We have review cycles 2x a year using our transparent career progression framework, and dedicated personal development time
You can find out more about the way we work at Charlie by checking out our Handbook here
- A benchmarked salary from £36,500 to £41,000 based on your level within our progression framework
- £750 yearly Work Your Way budget
- £300 yearly nomad working budget
- £30 monthly wellbeing budget
- Private Health Insurance through Vitality
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays + 2 additional days off over Christmas
- 4 bookable “Personal days” per year for when you can’t bring your full self to work
- A sabbatical of up to one month paid at 50% of salary, for every 3.5 years worked at Charlie.
- Enhanced Equal Parental Leave policy
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team.
We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please let us know if you require anything which would enable your success throughout our interview process.