Software Engineer, Front End
Why do we exist?
Codility unlocks the world’s engineering potential.
Who are we?
Codility is the #1 rated technical hiring platform. Our mission is to enable engineering teams to make accurate and fair hiring decisions efficiently. Codility is partnering with innovative companies like Amazon and PayPal to help them build and grow diverse, high-performing engineering teams through our CodeCheck platform to screen candidate skills; CodeLive to host technical interviews; and CodeEvent for campus recruitment and hackathons.
Why Codility needs you.
We’re expanding our product suite to be an end-to-end engineering talent platform and have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates like you to help us get there.
By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world-class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,200+ businesses in 67 countries, and has evaluated over 13 million engineers and counting.
In order to do this, we are seeking a Frontend Engineer for one of our newly formed dev teams.
What you will do.
- Accessibility assurance - others’ careers depend on our UI. Make sure it meets the WCAG accessibility standard.
- Contributing to UX - deliver innovative features for our customers, contributing from the early UX discussions to implementation
- Product development - work closely with our Product and Design colleagues to design and develop our product, proactively propose and implement efficient frontend solutions,
- System design - design and implement frontend architecture, using and developing necessary libraries and tools, to be more flexible and scalable
- System maintenance - investigate and fix defects in the frontend part of the system, work on improving code quality
- Software development craftsmanship - help others maintain a high quality of developed software, for example by introducing modern technologies, contributing to design, reviewing code and pair programming. Enable teams to contribute to our codebase
We would love if you have.
- Solid foundation of Frontend base technologies (React, Typescript, Jest, Redux, React Testing Library)
- At least a year of recent experience in React, & a few years of experience in React, Angular or Vue in total
- Experience in unit, integration and E2E testing
- Experience applying WCAG standards is a plus
- Experience in designing REST APIs is a plus
- Experience working with Python backend is a plus
- Foster an inclusive & diverse team environment
Experience with our Codility Tech Stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Gitlab/GitlabCI, PyCharm, Goland
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus stack, AWS, Chef
How we behave.
We're human. Our diversity and unique experience make us strong. We allow ourselves to be vulnerable and treat one another with grace. We take ownership. We expect one another to take initiative and trust each person to make decisions based on the best available data. We have passion, perseverance and urgency to hit our goals and work together to create the best outcomes. We think big. We innovate and challenge the status quo to maximize the value we deliver to our users. We constantly experiment with new ways to drive excellence. We're real. We are honest with ourselves and one another. We listen, speak up, and are ready to change our minds.
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with a strong compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include:
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Monthly Health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.