Senior Backend Engineer
Why do we exist?
Codility unlocks the world’s engineering potential.
Who are we?
Codility is the #1 rated technical hiring platform. Our mission is to enable engineering teams to make accurate and fair hiring decisions efficiently. Codility is partnering with innovative companies like Amazon and PayPal to help them build and grow diverse, high-performing engineering teams through our CodeCheck platform to screen candidate skills; CodeLive to host technical interviews; and CodeEvent for campus recruitment and hackathons.
Why Codility needs you.
We’re expanding our product suite to be an end-to-end engineering talent platform and have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates like you to help us get there.
By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world-class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,200+ businesses in 67 countries, and has evaluated over 13 million engineers and counting.
In order to do this, we are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer for one of our product teams.
What you will do.
- Writing reusable, testable, production ready, observable and efficient code using Python
- Designing and implementatingon of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Testing what you code and contributing to how it runs, is deployed, and scaled
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Implementating security and data protection by design
- Integrating of data storage solutions
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Collaborating with the Product, Research and Design Teams in order to understand end user requirements for the implementation of new software features
Who you are.
- You have demonstrable experience as a Python Developer working for a Product-led/SaaS organization with good knowledge of Docker, Identity and Access Management, REST web services etc.
- You are proficient in designing & developing Web Services (REST)
- You have demonstrable exposure to working on B2B and B2C products
- Good understanding of public cloud services and modes of operation (Preferably AWS), FastAPI, Application Development and pushing products to the cloud
- Strong familiarity with Architecture patterns
- Strong understanding of modern software development best practices like Trunk Based Development, Continuous Delivery, TDD, etc.
We would love if you have.
Experience with our Codility Tech Stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Gitlab/GitlabCI, PyCharm, Goland
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus stack, AWS, Chef
How we behave.
We're human. Our diversity and unique experience make us strong. We allow ourselves to be vulnerable and treat one another with grace. We take ownership. We expect one another to take initiative and trust each person to make decisions based on the best available data. We have passion, perseverance and urgency to hit our goals and work together to create the best outcomes. We think big. We innovate and challenge the status quo to maximize the value we deliver to our users. We constantly experiment with new ways to drive excellence. We're real. We are honest with ourselves and one another. We listen, speak up, and are ready to change our minds.
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with a strong compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include:
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Monthly Health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our product, our customers, and our world.