Senior Data Analyst
Why do we exist?
Codility unlocks the world’s engineering potential.
Who are we?
Codility is a leading platform for assessing and advancing technical skills in an AI-driven world. Over the last 10+ years we pioneered technical assessments for engineers as part of their recruitment process and helped 5000+ customers including world’s biggest names like Microsoft, Google, and Amazon build their engineering teams with our technical screening and interviewing solutions. We have a category-leading assessment science, obsess about customer success, and are loved by engineers. We are strong believers in skills-based talent practices, pioneer research on skills needed to effectively collaborate with AI, and are rapidly expanding our platform to support our customers beyond hiring.
About the Role
We are seeking a Senior Data Analyst who thrives on transforming complex data into compelling and easily understood stories. In this dynamic and evolving role, you will apply your skills to turn raw data into actionable insights, influencing strategic decision-making, and driving the success of our products and company growth. Your expertise in data analysis, statistical modeling, and business intelligence will contribute to the success of our products and the growth of the company.
What you will do:
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Product, Marketing, Customer Success, Engineering) to identify analytics needs and drive data-informed decision-making.
- Work with stakeholders to represent company KPIs, communicate insights, and proactively deliver actionable insights based on our data.
- Closely collaborate with our Data Engineering team (Analytics Engineers) to improve existing models and design new ones.
- Analyze data to decipher trends and patterns, gaining insights into underlying business factors.
- Develop, document, and maintain metrics that reflect business performance and strategic initiatives.
- Construct forward-looking forecasts and action plans rooted in data-driven analysis.
We would need you to have:
- 3+ years of experience in an analyst or related role, preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Advanced proficiency in writing, optimizing, and validating SQL queries.
- Knowledge of data warehouse principles, architectures, and technologies.
- Skills in deriving conclusions using descriptive and basic inferential statistics, and data visualizations.
- Passion for data storytelling and excellent communication skills, with a knack for presenting data insights to non-technical stakeholders, including executives.
- Hands-on experience in using and building dashboards with business intelligence tools, especially Tableau. Proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Competence in managing multiple stakeholders and projects concurrently.
- Detail-oriented approach with a strong commitment to accuracy and quality.
We would be excited if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field.
- Experience with Tableau (our BI tool), PowerBI, Looker, Quicksight
- Experience with Python, Jupyter Notebooks, Pandas
- A foundational understanding of basic software development concepts to better collaborate and understand the Engineering and Product team's needs.
What we offer.
- A progressive remote culture with a strong compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
- Amazing benefits to include:
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- Monthly Health & Wellness budget
Please keep this in mind: Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria; however, candidates from traditionally represented backgrounds actually tend to meet fewer of these requirements. Our mission is to unlock the world’s engineering potential and that starts with unlocking our people’s potential. We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested!
At Codility, we know that great work isn’t done without a phenomenal team. We are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We insist on an inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to contribute and help us innovate. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, or veteran status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our products, our customers, and our world.