Junior Linux Administrator/Engineer (d/f/m)
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
We are seeking another highly motivated Junior Linux Administrator/Engineer (d/f/m) in full or part-time to enable us to onboard even more new customers and thereby make a meaningful impact in the healthcare industry.
As a Junior Linux Administrator/Engineer, in the Data Migration Team, you will take ownership of the data import process, facilitating the smooth transition of customer data from their legacy systems to doctorly. You'll collaborate closely with our Onboarding Managers as well as the Development Team. Utilising our suite of (semi-automated) tools to process and import data efficiently will be your primary task. As we are growing rapidly, you will work with many data import projects simultaneously.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Executing data imports and documenting the results (70%)
- Analyzing data and improving the data quality together with the Development Team (20%)
- Working very closely with the developers in the data migration team and the technical onboarding team (5%)
- Ensuring that documentation of the import processes remains up-to-date (5%)
Our vision is to enable everyone to live a healthier life!
The doctorly values are Kindness, Excellence, Ownership and Integrity - we live these every day.
Amidst and as a result of the global pandemic, the world is coming to see just how outdated our health IT infrastructure really is. Have a closer look at the software your doctor currently uses and you’ll understand why this is a burning topic in need of innovation.
doctorly - backed by the best early stage investors in Europe - takes a holistic view of the market and our products, with a firm focus on enabling genuinely meaningful disruption at the very heart of how healthcare works.
Our first goal - reducing the administrative overhead for German doctors and enabling integration within German healthcare by providing doctors with modern, easy to use and highly optimised software to manage their entire practice. Beyond that we'll be building apps for patients and healthcare professionals as well as an open platform to enable integration across the entire healthcare industry.
You will take ownership of the data import process and ensure the timely and accurate execution of data imports.
- Executing data imports - verifying the integrity of incoming data, running the tooling, checking and documenting the results.
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis of imported data to identify inconsistencies, errors, discrepancies, and areas or potential improvements.
- Proactively troubleshoot identified issues reported post-import
- Develop and implement data quality checks and validation processes to ensure the integrity of migrated data.
- Collaborate with the developers to resolve data quality issues and discrepancies.
- Maintain and update existing documentation on processes, scripts, and case resolution procedures
- Explore opportunities to leverage automation for data validation, error handling, and reporting.
- Collaborate with our Product Owners, Developers, DevOps, and QA in our cross-functional teams.
At this stage, we're only accepting applicants within the European Union (EU) with the following profile:
- Extensive Linux Knowledge (bash, shell scripts, general Linux tooling)
- Good knowledge of SQL, ideally experience with PostgreSQL
- Good knowledge of Docker (starting and stopping containers, checking logs, updating yml-files)
- Very strong commitment to ownership of your work and demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritise and work across a range of tasks by employing a methodical and logical approach to planning and organisation.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills including documentation, esp. in our Remote/Hybrid Asynchronous organisation.
- Strong attention to detail to evaluate data for accuracy and errors
- Highly self-motivated and with the flexibility to work evenings and/or weekends when necessary
- Experience with Jira and Slack as well as integrations
- You´ve worked in a regulated industry esp. healthcare and/or have experience with Data Migrations
- Have completed or studying for a Bachlors or Masters in Computer Science or Computer Systems Engineering or related fields
- Knowledge of process automation and related tooling (scripting, ansible, python etc)
- ETL system knowledge / experience
- Good understanding of XML files
- Knowledge of healthcare data formats such BDT and/or FHIR
Offer and Process
We offer flexible working hours, remote/hybrid/office as you prefer and strive to pay great rates suitable for your amazing skills and outstanding experience. Of course we offer all of the usual perks (great gear, awesome colleagues, etc.) as part of our standard package along with great annual leave, healthcare and pension plans. We also offer all employees an excellent virtual options package and a team culture that is second to none.
Our recruiting process typically follows the following form:
- Introduction Call - what is doctorly, our vision, who are you, why do we match ~ 30 min.
- Formal/Technical Interview - a chance for you (and us) to ask all the necessary questions ~ 1 hr
- Assessment Task/Workshop - the content and length depend a lot on the role and seniority ~2-4 hours
- Cultural Interview/Meet the team - a chance for you to really get to know your teammates before you start ~1,5 hrs
- Contract walkthrough, here we take you through the employment agreement and shares contracts so that you really understand both ~1,5 hrs
The entire process should take less than 2 weeks to complete (depending on your availability). We’re flexible and adaptable to your needs and those of the role in this process.