Fifth Dimension AI
Want to be the first engineering hire at a well-funded GenAI startup that's really going places? Come make your mark at 5D AI. Work in a low-ego, high-learning environment, and grow with us.
We usually respond within a day
Fifth Dimension AI is ushering in a golden age of work, where boring tasks are automated away, the right data are always at your fingertips, and maximal creativity is encouraged. 🚀We’re an early stage start-up with ample runway, backed by Tier 1 European and American investors. 💸
The founders, Johnny Morris and Dr. Kate Jarvis, are both data nerds. 💻 But that’s not all! Johnny’s got 16 years’ experience applying data and analytics to Real Estate, our GTM niche, and Kate’s got a PhD in Linguistics from Stanford and 12 years’ CPTOing across Silicon Valley and London startups. We're demanding, excitable, encouraging of experimentation, adoring of bad puns, and have built our business on a foundation of compassion and kind challenge. 💞
Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee)?
We’re now hiring for a scrappy, high energy, LLM-obsessed Founding Engineer. 🤖
We’ve got a Beta product that’s been rolled out in multinational real estate businesses. We call our AI Ellie, and she lives in email, reading email body text and PDF attachments, and replying in beautifully-formatted HTML (well, at least some of the time). ✉️
However, the Co-Founders only moonlight as backend engineers. In order to grow, we need someone with expertise in Python and an unhealthy enthusiasm for Langchain, LLMFlows, or another Python LLM library of your choice! If you’ve recently spent personal time playing around with Google Vertex AI while The Witcher plays in the background, you just might be the perfect fit for us. 🚢
More on the role
Reporting into Johnny Morris, but working closely with both founders, you’ll be spending your time turning our duct-taped Beta into a user-friendly, high-functioning AI built on proprietary buy side and sell side Real Estate data — then proprietary data from other industries, like art.
Day to day, you might…
- Implement retrieval augmentation via Langchain, such that Ellie can access and surface customers’ own internal research databases and public EPC ratings 💽
- Beef up our prompt classification system to better automate current and future customers’ workflows by easily recognising when someone wants to interrogate a local market report instead of summarising a 100-page transcript of a construction technology conference 📬
- Automate the data collection process we run with our customers before a kick-off meeting, in order to fine-tune our LLMs, implement the right prompt engineering for those customers, and help build out our own small language models 👔
- Work with Johnny and Kate to ensure data privacy by design 🔐
Continually delivering value to our existing customers, so they continue to buy more user seats from us, and spread The Good Word about our product, is super important for this role. An awareness of the commercials of the business is a must. 📈
We also want you to stay close to the founders, the customers, and our Account Manager. And we’re delivering product into industries that have been traditionally hard to digitise and to modernise, a fact that needs to inform the User Experience. So if you don’t like talking to people, this isn’t the job for you. On the other hand, if you only like talking to people, this also isn’t the job for you 😂
What we offer you
- £100K salary per annum 💷
- Significant equity (on a standard vesting schedule) 🚀
- A shiny new laptop and budget for other gear of your liking 💻
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies ⚠️
- An opportunity to wear many hats, and grow with the business 🤠
- Submit your CV and cover letter, along with answers to the handful of questions we ask of every candidate
- A brief call with one of our co-founders to explore initial fit
- A short, take-home technical test
- A one-hour interview with Johnny Morris
- A final culture fit chat with Kate Jarvis
This can all happen in a fortnight, if needs be. We can move quickly for the right person.
- Product & Engineering
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
About Fifth Dimension AI
Fifth Dimension AI is ushering in a golden age of work, where boring tasks are automated away, the right data are always at your fingertips, and maximal creativity is encouraged.
We’re an early stage start-up with ample runway, backed by leading European and American investors.
The founders, Johnny Morris and Dr. Kate Jarvis, are both data nerds. But that's not all. Johnny’s got 16 years’ experience in Real Estate, our GTM niche. Kate’s got a PhD in Linguistics from Stanford plus 12 years’ CPTOing across Silicon Valley and London startups. We're demanding, excitable, encouraging of experimentation, adoring of bad puns, and have built our business on a foundation of compassion and kind challenge.