Head of Customer Success
Finance is only relevant in context. People don't take out a loan in order to take out a loan; they take out a loan to refurbish a home, expand their business to a new location, or otherwise achieve a goal that happens to require a substantial amount of money.
Technology is increasingly enabling companies to embed finance at the point where it is most relevant and contextual. This is a trend that is well under way, and we're heading towards a future where people and firms get most of their financial services and products from technology companies and other non-bank firms, rather than high street banks.
The problem is that bringing a financial product to market is still incredibly hard.
Griffin exists to help make it easy for companies to offer financial products. We've just been authorised (with restrictions) to become a bank, so that we can provide accounts, payments and loans to our customers.
We are highly intentional about our culture, and look to define it both by who we are (core values) and by how we work (core behaviours). We won't hire people who aren't a good fit for our culture, even if they're otherwise qualified.
We're looking for thoughtful people who don't give up easily and who strive to be kind in their words and actions. As product designers, we are always looking for ways to simplify complex things and we take security very seriously. As a financial institution, we believe that our customers' trust is our single most valuable asset and we will go above and beyond to earn and keep it. We are transparent by default.
You can learn more about our culture and values on our website.
The Operations team
The Operations team at Griffin is the mindful engine room, driving our success. We strive to bring joy to our customers, both internal and external, through systems that just work.
There are three core elements to operations at Griffin: banking operations; operational resilience; and customer success. Across all teams, we place significant emphasis on compassion, ownership and curiosity. You will be empowered to make meaningful decisions and supported to make sure we collectively get those decisions right.
Who are you
As the founding member of the Customer Success function, you’ll report directly to our Chief Operating Officer, and you’ll define how we approach our relationships with customers and help them to achieve their business objectives. You'll be helping us build and run a truly resilient bank that centres around bringing value to our customers.
The ideal candidate for this job will have most of the following:
- hands-on experience in B2B customer success, ideally for a product that’s either in the financial space or developer-facing, or both
- demonstrable experience of learning a complex product and empowering others to use it effectively
- empathy: a strong desire to ensure we understand and genuinely support our customers
- clear, concise communication skills
- comfort using service design principles to establish customer success practices that support our shared goals
- experience improving and refining processes based on data and feedback
- an eye for scalability: experience working directly with product and engineering to escalate feedback, bugs and feature requests, and working with product marketing to systematise materials
- curiosity and comfort working autonomously
What will you be doing here?
As our first dedicated Customer Success hire, you’ll work closely with commercial, product and product marketing to ensure that our customers get value from working with us.
You’ll be responsible for:
- establishing internal best practices and processes for customer success, from CRMs to QBRs to reporting and MI
- working closely with our commercial team to ensure a fluid, comfortable, confidence-inspiring handover for every customer who signs with us, so that they get the value they expect from our products
- owning the relationship with Griffin’s first customers, whether it’s proactively managing the onboarding process or reactively addressing support tickets or developing our self-serve materials to reduce friction
- understanding the direction of travel for our customers’ businesses and trying to be three steps ahead in terms of forecasting any products or services we could offer them to help them achieve their business objectives. This will involve working closely at times with both the product and commercial guilds on product discovery and go-to-market.
- being the voice of the customer internally: advocating for their needs and driving improvements to their experience, whether that’s through our products, sales process, documentation or communications
- developing reporting that helps us understand our customers’ needs as we (and they!) grow
- designing and growing the Customer Success and Support functions over the next 12+ months, as we launch and scale
What can we offer you?
We are an early stage startup and we're working hard to expand our benefits package. We're planning to add to this list in the future
- 25 days off a year + bank holidays
- Flexible, remote-friendly working - including supporting home office setup
- Tax-advantaged stock options under HMRC's Company Share Option Plan (CSOP)
- Auto-enrolment into company pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave with up to 6 months at full pay
- Private medical insurance and life insurance (provided by Vitality and AIG respectively)
How do I apply?
Please include a cover letter, a resume and a link to your online portfolio where appropriate. We cannot review applications without these. If there's a match our Talent team will reach out to schedule an initial conversation and talk you through our interview process in detail
N.B: We have a small London office in Moorgate, and we are comfortable hiring people to work from anywhere in the UK. About half of the company is based within occasional commuting distance of London, the other half is full-time remote.
If you’re part of a group that is under-represented or marginalised in fintech, we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is for Griffin to proportionally represent the diversity of the working population in society. We’re working to ensure that Griffin is a supportive, empowering and inclusive environment for every member of our team — whatever your intersection of identities & background.