Machine Learning Engineer (m/w/x)
Grover makes access to tech easy, affordable, and sustainable—with flexible tech rental subscriptions. No deposits, no commitment, just tech when you want it for as long as you need it.
With around $1.3 billion in financing, Grover is one of Germany’s best-funded scale-ups, and we’re growing fast. Since 2015, we’ve gone from a small startup operating out of a Berlin apartment to a team of 500+ people, bringing flexible tech subscriptions to renters across Germany, Austria, the USA, Spain, and The Netherlands.
And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access the tech they need.
Our Mission & Vision
We’re making it possible for more people to get the best out of life–with flexible, affordable access to the tech they need. That was our bold vision when we started back in 2015, and—with over 1 million renters across 5 countries—we’re right on track.
We’re also proud to champion a more sustainable way to use tech. With over 500,000 devices returned, refurbished, and recirculated so far, we’ve already saved 1,500 tons of e-waste from ending up in a landfill.
Want to join us on our mission to give more people flexible access to the tech they need? We’d love to have you on the team.
We are looking for a mid-level Machine Learning Engineer to deploy the machine learning models for our talented Risk team hybrid (3 days per week min.) at our Berlin HQ.
🎯 What you will contribute:
- Productionize and deploy Machine Learning models for Credit Risk and Fraud Detection in cooperation with Data Scientists.
- Design, develop, maintain and monitor ML pipelines.
- Build, validate and clean datasets for model development.
- Maintain and support real time decision engines (order approval, fraud detection).
- Develop and maintain deployment pipelines.
❤️ You care about:
- A-Game: Quality code and work ethic.
- Cultivating Curiosity: Tech innovation and knowledge sharing.
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions.
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities.
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality.
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover.
🤝 What you bring:
- 2-4 years of overarching engineering experience, preferably including fast-paced start-up environments.
- BSc in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or similar fields.
- Knowledge of software development practices.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms.
- Knowledge of Python, Docker & Kafka.
- Knowledge of frameworks like Faust and Pandas.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Experience in SQL.
- Excellent communication skills; fluency in English.
To spark your curiosity, we currently work with the following Tech stack:
- Python 3.6+ (Faust, sklearn, pandas, …)
- Infrastructure as code: Terraform
❤️🔥 What you will love about us:
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure.
- BVG monthly discount to drive you everywhere in Germany.
- Mental health support with Nilohealth.
- Physical health support with ClassPass.
- Annual learning budget of 1000€ per year.
- Exclusive Grover Tech discount for your friends and family.
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin with regular events.
- Diverse global team of 75 nationalities (and counting!) - genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends.