Sr. Risk Analyst (m/w/x)
Grover makes access to tech easy, affordable, and sustainable—with flexible tech rental subscriptions. No deposits, no commitment, just tech when you want it for as long as you need it.
With around $1.3 billion in financing, Grover is one of Germany’s best-funded scale-ups, and we’re growing fast. Since 2015, we’ve gone from a small startup operating out of a Berlin apartment to a team of 500+ people, bringing flexible tech subscriptions to renters across Germany, Austria, the USA, Spain, and The Netherlands.
And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access the tech they need.
Our Mission & Vision
We’re making it possible for more people to get the best out of life–with flexible, affordable access to the tech they need. That was our bold vision when we started back in 2015, and—with over 1 million renters across 5 countries—we’re right on track.
We’re also proud to champion a more sustainable way to use tech. With over 500,000 devices returned, refurbished, and recirculated so far, we’ve already saved 1,500 tons of e-waste from ending up in a landfill.
Want to join us on our mission to give more people flexible access to the tech they need? We’d love to have you on the team.
🎯 What you will contribute:
- Enhance our risk strategies at both the underwriting and later stages.
- Optimize ongoing portfolio monitoring to detect any adverse changes in the portfolio.
- Evaluate internal and external models to help guild best-in-class underwriting processes.
- Build, validate, and clean datasets for analytic work.
- Manage, maintain, and support automated and manual review efforts (order approval, fraud detection).
- Build out dynamic processes to enhance our approval rate without sacrificing our repayment rate.
- A-Game: elite quality driven work ethic.
- Cultivating Curiosity: Tech innovation and knowledge sharing.
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions.
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities.
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality.
- Our product: you believe in our vision and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover.
🤝 What you bring:
- 6+ years of Risk Analytics experience – preferably in both credit and fraud, in International & fast-paced environments.
- Experience in constructing and optimizing processes for speed and accuracy.
- Policy-oriented mind-set and an analytics approach to business.
- Knowledge of third-party platforms that enhance risk decisioning.
- Experience in SQL.
- Team player who is not afraid to get hands dirty.
- Strong ability to multi-task always.
- Excellent communication skills; fluency in English.
- Hybrid environment with flexible working hours.
- Mental health support with Nilohealth.
- Physical health support with ClassPass or Urban Sport Club.
- Annual learning budget of 1000€ per year.
- Exclusive Grover Tech discount for you, your friends and family.
- A diverse global team of 75 nationalities (and counting!) - genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends!
If you fancy an influential role and making our world a little greener, become part of the Grover Family and let's grow together. 💚 We are looking forward to e-meeting you!