We are Infer 👋 Our mission is to change the way businesses do data analysis, allowing any business to become truly data-driven. To achieve this we are building a new generation of data exploration and research tools, which will allow anyone to perform complex data analysis and gain deep insights into their business without the need for data science teams or expertise.
We have developed a new version of SQL, called SQL-inf, which extends standard SQL with a new set of machine learning powered primitives. From these primitives anyone can build complex use case applications. Our core product interprets and executes SQL-inf across our GPU-enabled compute cluster. On top of this we have built a platform to enable better research and allow users to get to insights fast.
In our first 6 months we have developed the core of Infer as well as V1 of our user platform with a matching API and DBT integration. We have used this to get first feedback from users and based on this are now developing the next generation of the product.
With the next generation of the product we will focus on building a better research flow for our users. To start with this will include a significantly improved interface for our current platform, including better data visualisations. The next step after that is what we call Data Stories — which is a completely new approach to structuring analysis and research.
Our current stack
The Infer platform consists of three components
- Infer ML — responsible for executing SQL-inf commands, built in Python
- Infer backend — the business logic layer, responsible for user and data management, built in Ruby-on-Rails
- Infer frontend — where users build their analysis and analyse the results, built in React and Next.js
All infrastructure is deployed and run on AWS and we use Terraform extensively to maintain it.
The backend is now almost fully developed, therefore our focus in the next iteration of Infer will be to build out the frontend to support our vision of Data Stories.
What you will be doing
- Own the frontend application of Infer
- Build the next generation of the Infer app
- Build our new Data Stories product
- Be part of developing the next generation of data exploration and visualisation tools
We’d love to hear from you if you have
- Extensive experience developing in React and preferably Next.js
- Worked in a fast paced startup environment and loved it
- Worked on, or have a deep interest in, data applications
What we offer
- Chance to work at an early stage start-up working on redefining the interface between analysts and machine learning and enabling companies to become truly data-driven through the application of AI
- Be part of creating a novel product from scratch, working in a dynamic environment focused on impact and technical excellence
- Be the owner and creator of a groundbreaking frontend application aiming to change the way analysis and research is done
What you’ll get
- Salary - we’re looking for the right person, which means you might be mega experienced and at a Senior or Lead level already; or it could mean you’ve got a few solid years under your belt and you’re ready for someone to take a chance on you for that next step. Let’s have a chat, we’re sure we can make it work.
- Equity - you’ll be joining an early stage start-up, we can’t offer the kind of benefits you’ll get at the ‘big boys’, but we can offer meaningful equity so everyone working here owns a part of Infer.
- Kit - top of the range Macbook M2 and anything else you need to do your job
- Regular company off-sites to keep the company moving forward and a chance to collaborate in person
- Remote/Flexible working - no clock watching here, and we’re open to hiring from anywhere in Europe for this role. Although some time in London is probably to be expected in the first few months. If you’d like access to a co-working space to break up your week, we’ll happily provide.
- Company card to pay for any books/materials you need to do your job
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays