Senior Full Stack Engineer
💡 We are on a mission: To enable a better working life for everyone in the global foodservice industry
Today, food businesses from Michelin-starred restaurants to your neighbourhood cafes still rely on pen & paper, spreadsheets to run core operations - from costing menus, checking inventory to ordering supplies. This is what we call the Back-of-House. Existing tools such as electronic tills and booking software are all the rage in the Front-of-House, but they cannot cope with core operations in the back.
We are building a new system. From the ground up. To change everything.
Since raising seed funding from Tier 1 venture investors, including those that put first monies into Revolut, Transferwise, Hopin and Just Eat, our customer base has grown by 10x. Thousands of chefs, operators and owners across 500+ food businesses are counting on us. Every single day.
We are a small tight knit team, but our ambition is to scale globally. We need an exceptional individual contributor with strong communication skills to help achieve our ambitious product roadmap.
You will be a core part of the engineering function. This is a unique opportunity in which you will experience rapid personal growth alongside a close-knit and highly collaborative team.
You will achieve all of this whilst knowing you will have a direct and positive impact on people in an industry that’s desperately in need of help. Of course, you will eat amazing food along the way too!
The tech stack is a React front-end, coupled with a Typescript GraphQL back-end.
- 5y+ experience working in real-life production environment
- 2y+ experience building SaaS products for SMEs and/or consumers
- Comfortable communicating technical details to non-technical team members
- Expertise in Typescript, GraphQL, React
- Experience with AWS and containerisation
- Keen to take ownership of features, find ways to “get things done” and assess their impact.
- Strong awareness of good coding principles and a sense of clean/quality code
- Ability to work in a rapid iteration product environment, making smart trade-offs
- Ability to write effective and maintainable automated tests
- Salary £80-90k
- Significant equity options to reflect our belief in the role’s importance. More than you would get anywhere else.
- 5 week paid holiday per annum
- Hybrid: opportunity to work from home and alongside each other in a lovely central WeWork office
- Fortnightly social and dinner at our restaurants
More detail https://getjelly.notion.site/Senior-Full-Stack-Jelly-c1f6f43a5a464baabe055812450e067b?pvs=4