Lead Product Designer
90% of the 200 top global cities have a housing crisis and it’s too difficult for property developers to build the places we need. To keep up with demand, the property industry needs to keep evolving.
LandTech is part of that evolution.
We’re supercharging the whole development process by building technology for every stage of a property developer's journey towards unlocking land. We started eight years ago, with two co-founders who built a product to help understand the development potential of any piece of land – LandInsight
Fast forward to now, and that product is the industry standard for site sourcing and assessment, and we’re a multi-million-pound business carving a path to international success…
Put simply, our mission is, “Create an open land market to unlock its potential for everyone.”
A multi award winning, value driven company, offering a unique challenge as part of a High Performance Organisational culture that will push you out of your comfort zone, yet offer the support, guidance and empowerment to help you both grow and thrive on this rewarding journey.
Offering a Hybrid working environment and flexible working arrangements, we holistically support both your personal and professional development. We provide quarterly performance reviews, strategic training and transparent career pathways; all the way through to offering personal development funds, cross-departmental socials, and exciting and informative learning workshops.
The Technology team at LandTech is a diverse mix of people spanning four disciplines - Product, Delivery, Engineering and Data. We operate in an open, collaborative and cross-functional environment, solving difficult problems for our customers. We empower teams and individuals to build, deliver and operate high-quality technical solutions to help our customers, and we're proud of our work!
The Product team at LandTech is made of Designers and Product Managers who share some core values. We’re curious, we have a passion for deeply understanding our users’ needs and we’re determined to deliver high quality user experiences. We do a lot of research to figure out what matters to our users, determine which problems we want to solve and in what order. Once we’ve honed in on a problem we work collaboratively to design and test the solution, build and launch it.
To design and test compelling, elegant solutions for our users and inspire other Product Designers to do likewise. This role will have accountability for the overall user experience across our applications and driving UX best practices across Technology.
The successful candidate will lead a team of Product Designers (three direct reports currently), overseeing and critiquing their work, whilst coaching them and creating a creative environment in which they will thrive. This role will be expected to be hands-on and support the Product Designers when required, whilst also maintaining a holistic view of all applications to guide best practices and help LandTech’s UX maturity grow.
This role will report to the Head of Product and will work closely with a range of stakeholders including the rest of the Product team as well as the wider Technology team, Customer Success team and other functions.
- Evolve our ways of working, in conjunction with Delivery, Product and Engineering, optimising the Design function structure and practices, and driving UX maturity across LandTech.
- Collaborate regularly using strong communication, documentation and facilitation skills. You'll work closely with Product Managers, Engineers and Content Creators to ensure your team is deeply involved throughout the design process.
- Advocate passionately for the user, ensuring the product we deliver is aligned to their needs, and tracks well against our principles.
- Line manage, coach and develop a team of three designers.
- Challenge yourself, and your teammates, to find the best possible design against complex requirements and our ever growing capabilities of servicing a global marketplace.
- Execute, and advocate for, polished, intuitive and accessible user experiences, elevating the user experience of our existing web applications.
- Deliver interface designs that balance simplicity, intuition & user value against the speed of execution. If perfect is the enemy of done, great design is about knowing what is enough.
- Drive the definition of the design standards and guidelines that should be adhered to across all applications and embed them within the Design function and across Technology.
- Mentor and work with other designers in applying best practices throughout LandTech.
- Work closely with the Product Managers to drive research best practices and ensure insights from research are reliable and add value.
- Deeply understand the customers you're designing for. Whether it's joining user research sessions, learning from previous insights, reading data reports or running your own lightweight research and analysis, you'll strive to understand the what, why and how of the problems you're solving for.
- Creative confidence and feel at ease working at many levels of fidelity, whether wire-framing, making mockups or polished prototypes based on constraints of time, quality, and resources.
- Well-versed with the modern design stack (e.g. Figma), collaborating with others on a project, as well as contributing to, and effective use of, our maturing design system.
- Good judgement when making trade-offs between experimental rigour and the need to deliver.
- A minimum of 8 years working in the design and delivery of great software solutions.
- Ability to, both verbally and written, communicate design decisions in a way which are easy for others to follow, and able to respond or give actionable feedback.
- Technical understanding of the technologies used to build and operate digital services.
- Strong background in designing B2B SaaS solutions.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in UX/UI Product Design.
- Line management experience of at least 2 direct reports.
- Familiarity in solving complex problems using an iterative approach (design thinking process).
- Goal-centred mindset.
- Ability to deliver constructive design feedback.
- Experience in building and/or contributing to a design system.
- Experience in organising and facilitating Design workshops.
- Experience in organising and running user research projects to understand user behaviours and come up with UX improvements.
- Familiarity with product & interaction analytics tools such as Mixpanel, Heap, Hotjar, Fullstory, etc.
- A proven track record of driving projects from start to finish.
Nice to have:
- Experience (or an interest in) designing map based solutions, financial products and/or software solutions for the property development industry.
- WE BUILD WITH ACCOUNTABILITY - Anchored by integrity with responsibility for, and consciousness of, our actions, results and behaviours.
- WE BUILD WITH COHESION - Working in a unified, harmonious, collaborative, and trusting way.
- WE BUILD WITH COURAGE - Being tenacious, dynamic, and brave, undaunted by challenges. Through harnessing a creative mindset, continuously learning, experimenting and solving problems innovatively
These are our values and we live them every day. Do you share them?
OUR BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Equity Options
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible Working Hours
- 25 days Paid Holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- Unlimited Unpaid Holidays
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Fertility and Family Planning Leave
- Volunteer Charity Day
- £500 Personal Growth fund
- Financial Planning Support
- Strategic Training fund
- £200 Remote Working fund
- Private Health and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance of 4 x annual salary
- Reward and Recognition Program
- Increased Pension contributions after 12 months service
- Dog-friendly office
LandTech are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, race, or any other individual differences.
We are committed to ensuring that no applicant is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements.
We are proud to say that all employment is decided on the basis of merit