Business Development Coordinator
NYC or Tampa, Florida (preference for the ability to come to come to office 2-3 days/week)
MarcoPolo Learning is an award-winning developer of early childhood content and technology for schools and homes. Our product for schools, MarcoPolo for Educators, brings classrooms to life using our proprietary all-in-one solution that elevates classroom quality by providing professional development, award-winning classroom content, and technology for schools and homes. MarcoPolo also offers an award-winning consumer learning solution, MarcoPolo World School, available through app stores. MarcoPolo Learning is home to the STEM-focused animated TV series, THE POLOS, which reaches over 150 million households across the world.
With offices in New York, London, San Francisco, and Tampa, MarcoPolo has put its focus on serving a global audience by partnering with leading educational and media groups throughout the world including Procare (US), Kids & Co. (Canada), Bright Horizons (US), New Oriental (China), SKY (UK), Times Group (India), and many others. MarcoPolo is a venture-backed startup with strategic investors New Oriental Education and Technology Group (NYSE: EDU) and Boat Rocker Media of Canada (CA: BRMI).
About The Role
As a Sales Associate at MarcoPolo, you will be instrumental in helping our sales team meet its targets and ensuring that our operations are running as effectively as possible. In addition to supporting senior leaders with daily tasks, the Sales Associate will have a crash course in the early childhood education market.
The ideal candidate is someone who has an interest in early childhood education, has an eye for detail, and lives to organize and execute. As an early hire on our sales team, you’ll play a key role in shaping the culture of this team, and you’ll have an incredible opportunity to impact the growth of MarcoPolo Learning into a beloved brand.
What You'll Do
- Support senior sales leadership in daily administrative tasks related to the sales of MarcoPolo products and services for early childhood education providers (B2B)
- Create and maintain presentations, proposals, briefing documents, and other assets
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and documentation of MarcoPolo's products and services for early childhood and their relevance in the market
- Maintain a repository of presentations, brochures, fliers, and other documentation used by sales, organized by market / audience / target etc. to streamline sales operations
- Maintain leads and pipeline in HubSpot, ensuring that all account statuses are up to date and reflect the latest activities
- Coordinate with internal and external sales partners and ensure they have what they need to be successful
You Should Have
- 2-3 years of experience in a sales organization, familiarity with responding to RFPs is a major plus
- Demonstrated interest in education and early childhood education (we love former teachers!)
- Strong written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical and data-driven mindset
- Excellent organizational, presentation skills
- Mastery of GSuite, Powerpoint / Keynote, Excel, Hubspot, and the ability to quickly learn and incorporate new technologies into your work stack
- Compelling presentation skills with the ability to comfortably present and speak in front of groups of people, including senior leaders
- Target-oriented, determined and ambitious
- Ability to travel to attend meetings and industry events
What We Offer
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Hybrid and flexible schedule
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401K plan with matching
- 15 days of paid vacation
- Paid holidays and parental leave
- Family-friendly environment and culture that values work-life balance
- Access to learning and growth opportunities
- Team and company off-sites and retreats in fun locations
- Meaningful work supporting early childhood development
MarcoPolo Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. We have flexible remote/hybrid working arrangements and we pride ourselves on a supportive and mission-driven working environment.