Senior Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Monday, May 29, 2023
About the company
Meilisearch is on a mission to help developers create great search experiences. We want to make it easy to find anything anywhere by providing a Rust-based search engine with a focus on usability and intuitive API design.
We are a fully open-source company: from our search engine, to our design specifications, to our official SDKs and libraries, everything we do is public, transparent, and made in collaboration with our vibrant community.
Founded in 2018, Meilisearch is headquartered in Paris. We completed a $15 million round of funding in September 2022, and are backed by leading international investors Felicis Ventures, CRV, LocalGlobe, Mango Capital, Seedcamp, and Vercel CEO Guillermo Rauch.
We are a team of 25 passionate people, and our project is growing fast. We have been developing our OSS search engine product since 2018, and have publicly monetized our Cloud offer for a few months 🎉
We are seeking a Senior Account Executive to help us drive revenue growth, pursue our GMT efforts and engage with our customers. In order to cover the Americas, we are looking for someone based in the EST time zone.
About the team
You will directly report to Thomas, our COO and co-founder, and will work closely with our Sales Lead (joining in October).
With the team, you will play a pivotal role in driving our revenue and taking our product to market, scaling it to reach 1 million in ARR in the first year.
Collaborating closely with Quentin, co-founder and CEO, and Maya, Product Marketing Manager, you will collectively make significant contributions to building Meilisearch into a successful business and solidifying our position in the market.
Your role will encompass various responsibilities, including building and managing our sales pipeline, closing deal, and collaborating on our go-to-market (GTM) strategy. As we expand our ideal customer profile and explore new sectors and geographies, you'll be at the forefront, contributing significantly to our growth.
To know more about the rest of Meili people, check out this page.
What you’ll be doing
Your main mission will be to drive our revenue growth and be responsible for navigating sales cycles with SMBs and mid-market tech businesses.
☛ You will manage the entire sales process from lead generation to deal finalization, implementing strategic approaches to maximize sales opportunities and revenue growth.
☛ You will help to create our sales processes as you build them, experimenting with different messaging and outbound strategies.
☛ You will build and maintain close relationships with product, engineering and marketing teams, gathering valuable feedback from prospective customers to shape our roadmap and enhance our offerings.
☛ You will actively contribute to the voice of market study and help refine the ideal customer profile, leveraging market insights and data to optimize targeting and improve customer acquisition strategies.
☛ You will engage with prospects and users within our extensive open-source community to comprehend their needs and demonstrate the value of Meilisearch Cloud in addressing their search-related challenges.
You will embrace a cross-functional role, going beyond the typical sales position, to actively support marketing, community engagement, customer onboarding, you will be ready to step up and assist with whatever else needs to be done.
Our ideal profile - Hard skills
- You have minimum 3 years of experience working and selling to developers, preferably in open-source technology or developer tools companies.
- You have experience building effective sales processes.
- You have been part of a company's growth journey, witnessing its successful scaling through various stages.
- You have a proven track record of achieving sales targets and driving revenue growth.
- You have experience building and managing pipelines, along with a solid understanding of CRM systems, sales cycle stages, and knowledge of various sales methodologies.
- You are based in the EST time zone.
- Nice to Have:
- A tech background and familiarity with search engine software are a big plus.
- Acquaintance with the US and European markets.
- Fluency in additional languages in addition to English.
- You have a knack for administrative tasks, allowing you to organize and maintain sales-related documentation and data efficiently.
Our ideal profile - Soft skills
- Your fit with our team is as important to us as your technical background, if not more so. We are looking for someone with these important soft skills:
- You can adapt to changing priorities, adjusting strategies and approaches as needed.
- You have a proactive approach to problem-solving, identifying improvement areas and demonstrating a growth mindset.
- You process a strong aptitude for building things from scratch.
- You enjoy teamwork while also valuing the opportunity to work independently and take full ownership of your areas of responsibility.
Please send us your resume and a quick note of why you might be a good fit for this job. Don't hesitate to have a look at our LinkedIn page, as well as our Meet the Team page (under construction).
1. Screening interview (45min) : If your profile fits, our Talent Acquisition Manager will contact you for a video call to get to know you a bit better (who you are, your background & ambitions, company culture & company ambition). If it doesn't fit you will get an email from us.
2. Hiring Manager interview (1h) : you will meet your future manager and a team member. They will assess your technical fit with the role and ask you questions about your working methods.
3. Technical Assessment. We will ask you to complete an assignment and will schedule 45 min to debrief, to evaluate your skills and give you a better idea of what working at Meilisearch could be like.
4. Team-fit interview (1h) You will meet one or two people from teams you will engage with every day, to speak about your experience, and skillset and to assess your fit with Meilisearch values.
5. Reference check. At the same time, we will conduct a reference check with 2 people of your choosing, who you are working with or have worked with the past.
💡 Before the interviews, you can check our blog for advice on how to answer value-based questions.
🤝 Meilisearch is an equal-opportunity employer. We strive to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our open-source community.
Why you'll enjoy working with us
- Permanent full-time contract,
- Stock options,
- We are open to fully remote applications, as long as you are between GMT-4 and GMT+5 time zones,
- 4 day work week & flexible working hours,
- If you’re working from home, we will provide either a stipend for you to equip yourself, or an access to Fleex (Europe). We also reimburse up to 500 EUR / month for your co working expenses,
- Access to a mental health platform (moka.care) + 6 sessions with a coach/trained therapist,
- We support physical health and provide either a membership or a stipend for your sports activities each month,
- 3 months paid parental leave,
- 6 weeks paid time off,
- Management training to freshly hired and newly appointed managers,
- We all get together at least once a year for a company offsite.
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend not to apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We strive to develop an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our open-source community. We strongly encourage you to apply!