Cycling Expansion Manager (Remote)
Much Better Adventures
We're on a mission to inspire people to live a more adventure-rich life, help a global community of local businesses to make a great living doing what they love, and protect the world's wild places, one adventure at a time.
Our multi-award winning adventures are continually rated 5* by our tribe of loyal customers, we’re backed by some of Europe’s leading investors and entrepreneurs, and part-community owned. We won ‘Best for Experiences 2022’ at the Travolution Awards, and are proud to be B-Corp Certified.
So if you get a kick out of supporting independent businesses around the world, and are in your element on two wheels, you are in the right place.
We are looking to hire a Cycling Expansion Manager to find and curate new cycling adventures around the globe. You will have sole ownership of the development of new cycling trips and will be expected to contribute to the growth strategy of the cycling range.
You'll use your own adventurous spirit to seek out unique and appealing cycling itineraries, and to find and partner with the best local hosts in the game. You’ll be responsible for the start-to-finish creation of new adventures; from researching new destinations, negotiating terms and pricing, to writing copy and sourcing content - all with the aim of ultimately creating top-selling trips and growing our cycling audience.
You should feel comfortable turning your hand to product development in a range of continents and countries: there is no required regional knowledge as we continue to grow globally. You will have clear ideas on what makes a trip commercially successful, what is a great customer experience and also excel at making it visually appealing.
You will spend the majority of your time designing new trips and some time optimising our existing product range. You will also contribute to the development of our operation quality and safety procedures related to cycling group travel.
Your role will involve (but not be restricted to):
- Building networks and conducting online research to unearth the most amazing cycling experiences, operated by awesome local hosts.
- Being responsible for directly contacting potential partners, building relationships, making quality and safety assessment decisions, and negotiating pricing and contractual agreements.
- Having a clear vision of what makes for a successful ‘Much Better Adventures’ cycling trip based on a combination of your own knowledge of adventure travel and a deep understanding of what resonates with our community.
- Thinking creatively about what makes a great travel experience and working with the local host to curate these new product collections.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the operational management and safety procedures related to cycling specifically.
- Reviewing product performances, identifying market trends and consumer behaviour.
- Thinking smart, systematically and in a data driven way about how to expand our global offering.
Each day you’ll be…
- Researching new hosts to find those that perfectly fit the MBA mission.
- Building relationships with new hosts (and growing relationships with existing hosts), negotiating pricing and contracting.
- Developing new itineraries that are unique, inspiring and commercially viable.
- Building trips online, sourcing media and writing trip pages which our Content team can bring to life.
- Working on low-performing products to increase sales.
- Proactively contributing to product growth strategy and direction.
You should apply if...
- You have significant experience (3+ years) in Product Management and/or Product Development within the adventure, travel or outdoor sector.
- You have a passion for cycling and travel.
- You have a detailed knowledge of cycling group operations (you do not need to have worked in cycling trip development before but it would be great if you have).
- You have a clear understanding of what makes a good cycling host (supplier) and how to assess them as potential business partners.
- You are able to work under pressure, learn and adapt quickly, and adhere to tight deadlines - this is a fast-paced role.
- You have knowledge of, and a passion for, sustainability and tourism delivery.
- You are experienced in managing numerous tasks in tandem and effectively prioritising the most urgent.
- You have a passion for adventure travel and for creating the best global adventures.
- You are a self-starter who can make decisions and confidently manage your workload with minimal supervision.
- You have an eye for outstanding media and you pride yourself on your meticulous attention to detail.
- You are an effective communicator with excellent written and spoken English and strong interpersonal skills.
- You are flexible, thrive on change, are self-driven and able to work independently as part of a remote team.
- What we’re doing here at MBA excites you!
We’re a bunch of team-players, so it’s important you’re happy getting involved in tasks (big or small) outside your remit when required. As a fast growing business your responsibilities may change but we always look to promote from within and provide opportunities to develop your career based on your personal ambitions.
We're building a team of super talented, passionate and ambitious people. We are committed to building an amazing place to work, you can expect:
- Base salary circa £38-£42k
- 38 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays)
- Company-wide adventure meet-ups
- Flexible hours (40 hrs p/w) and remote working (within +2/-2 GMT)
- Annual company performance-based bonus
- Share options - all employees are part-owners here
- Pension scheme - a matching, salary sacrifice scheme
- The chance to travel - with a free MBA trip in your first year
- A generous annual travel voucher to spend on an MBA trip/s
- Employee and friends and family discount for MBA trips
- Budget to set up a remote working space and access to co-working spaces
- An entrepreneurial and creative environment where great ideas are actively encouraged, and taking responsibility for them is expected
- The warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing you are making a huge difference to small independent businesses, local economies and communities.
This is initially a two-year fixed term contract but with potential to convert into a permanent contract. All fixed-terms contracts are entitled to the same brilliant package as permanent employees and we make no distinction between the two. Everyone is an essential part of the team. We are a fast growing company with new roles and opportunities being created all the time, so there is a strong potential to have you on board for the long-haul if that works for us both.
Closing date for applications: Monday 20 November, however we reserve the right to close applications before this date.
Application process: Short video interview, a written exercise and a final interview - all conducted remotely.
Start date: Ideally January 2024
Remote: If you see 'London' this is just where we are registered, but not where we are based.
You can be based where you like in the UK/EU within 2hrs of GMT. We’re spread all over.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds to put their name in the hat. Our fully flexible working arrangements exist to support everyone in the team to achieve that all-important work/life balance. We recognise the challenges faced by working parents as well, and are very supportive.
Please take the time to complete our Diversity and Inclusion questionnaire after submitting your application. It makes a big difference.