Residential Conveyancing Lawyer / Head of Delivery
We’re an award-winning LegalTech-meets-PropTech start-up focused on automating the legal portion of any property transaction. Our technology is already relied on by thousands of lawyers and commercial property professionals at a wide array of blue chip firms like Clifford Chance, Eversheds, Zurich, Marks & Spencer and Tesla.
We have raised over £11m from legendary venture capital funds in Europe (including LocalGlobe and Seedcamp who backed tech unicorns Zoopla, Wise and UiPath) and some of the world’s largest real estate companies and financial institutions (including JLL, First American Financial and Investec).
This is a pivotal and exciting moment to join Orbital Witness. We’re rapidly growing the team and launching a brand new product that will transform residential property transactions in the UK.
We are Bold & Ambitious ⚡ (changing an entire industry is hard!), we give Power to our People 💪(we give exceptional people autonomy to succeed), we Question or Commit (we welcome debate, we love reaching quick decisions) 🙋, and we Eat that Frog! 🐸 (we take on the hardest thing first).
Our vision 🏆
To fully automate legal diligence for property transactions, replacing a 150-year-old legacy manual process - an ‘Experian for the global real estate industry’.
Our mission 🎯
Our mission is to enable any professional or individual involved in a property transaction to have full visibility of any legal issues from the outset.
We’re expanding into the residential conveyancing and remortgage market with a new and one-of-a-kind AI product which supports conveyancing lawyers as they handle the increasingly complex area of leasehold property transactions, by giving them the capacity needed to deliver quick, clear, and actionable advice to a greater number of clients.
We are looking for an experienced residential conveyancing lawyer with a passion for innovation to head up a new delivery team to serve our growing customer base of conveyancing law firms.
You’ll get the chance to:
- Be a major part of launching the revolutionary product you wished you’d had access to when you were on the frontline of conveyancing!
- Use your conveyancing skills, knowledge and experience in a dynamic tech startup environment, without the constant phone call from clients and estate agents!
- Recruit and lead an internal delivery team, consisting of property paralegals and conveyancing lawyers, to help deliver the product to customers as we scale.
- Devise and own key metrics for capacity and quality to help the business stay on track and plan ahead.
- Be on the frontline speaking with customers using the product, creating a tight feedback loop with the product manager, engineers and data scientists working on the product.
- Represent Orbital Witness at conveyancing industry events, liaising with customers, industry bodies, regulators and technology partners.
Your professional experience:
- You have 5+ years’ experience of residential conveyancing transactions, with very strong and up-to-date technical legal skills for all common types of leasehold transactions.
- You have experience running a team, with proven success in delivering output at scale in a fast-paced environment, including team capacity planning and forecasting, and managing and coaching team members to deliver against ambitious targets.
- You have been directly involved in conveyancing process improvement projects, involving the roll-out of new products or IT systems. You have experience collaborating with technical colleagues in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Experience with risk and compliance procedures is desirable, not essential.
- You believe the current conveyancing process is unsustainable.
- You are an advocate for change, even in the face of entrenched ways of working.
- When you see an inefficient process, you want to roll-up your sleeves and proactively figure out a better alternative.
- You are a pragmatist, who understands the trade-off between speed and perfection, and is not afraid to take decisions with some element of risk.
- You are passionate and curious about the potential for technology to transform conveyancing; the sort of person that puts their hand up first to try a new product.
- You won’t shy away from wanting to understand complex technical things like machine learning concepts that power the product, software bugs that affect your team or analytical metrics dashboards that give you insight about what is happening in near real-time.
What’s on offer
- £65,000 - £95,000 (DOE), matched pension contributions and equity stock options in a fast growing start-up approaching their Series A fundraise
- Flexible working hours and location where you can choose to work from your home, the office or 40+ other TOG offices in London. Our office HQ is based near Farringdon station just beside Leather Lane market with great food, coffee and a constant supply of office snacks/drinks
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Professional equipment and personal learning and development budget along with training opportunities to learn and develop both your technical abilities and soft skills
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Access to the Spill Mental Health Support platform
- Generous parental leave policy
- An inclusive community of colleagues where we enjoy all-company off-sites, lunches and team socials
Diversity & Inclusion
We value diversity at Orbital Witness, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all of the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising
Something looks off?