About us 🏢
We’re an award-winning LegalTech-meets-PropTech start-up focused on automating the legal portion of any property transaction. Orbital Witness’ technology is already relied on by 1000s of lawyers and commercial property professionals at a wide array of blue-chip firms. Customers include every one of the UK’s magic circle law firms (Clifford Chance, Linklaters, Allen & Overy, Freshfields, Slaughter & May) as well as many other prestigious organisations across legal and beyond (incl. Tesla, Marks & Spencer).
Having recently closed a £7.5m Series A funding round led by Parker89 🎉 , this is an exciting moment to join Orbital Witness. This funding round comes off the back of a year in which our revenues doubled and we’re now growing our talented team, as well as launching a new AI product to transform residential property transactions…
Property is the #1 asset class in the world - whilst disrupting a 150 year old industry isn’t easy - we believe change is inevitable. We’re backed by the best, with investors including some of the world’s largest real estate and insurance companies (incl. Parker89, JLL, First American Financial and Investec) as well as LocalGlobe and Seedcamp (who backed tech unicorns Zoopla, Wise, UiPath), Outward VC, Seedcamp, Portfolio Ventures and Realty Corporation.
Check out 👉 this video 👈 to find out more from our leadership team to gain insight into our vision, future plans, and exciting series A funding news!
Our vision 🏆
We believe that property transactions in this century shouldn't still rely on busy lawyers checking through documents and writing reports. We're building an automated AI solution for property diligence to make transactions more efficient and transparent for everyone.
Our mission 💪🏽
Our mission is to help any professional or individual involved in a property transaction to properly understand what they are getting into, from the outset, before incurring legal fees.
Our values 🐸
- We are Bold & Ambitious ⚡ (changing an entire industry is hard!)
- We give Power to our People 💪 (we give exceptional people autonomy to succeed)
- We Question or Commit 🙋 (we welcome debate, but love reaching quick decisions)
- … and we Eat that Frog! 🐸 (we take on the hardest thing first)
Role Overview 🔎
Orbital Witness helps Real Estate professionals, speed up their due diligence on property and understand the legal risks faster and more effectively so that their clients can buy and sell property as confidently and quickly as possible. Our products have great product-market fit and are used by thousands of property and legal professionals every week, and are growing fast.
We are looking for a passionate Product Designer to help take our legal product to the next level with innovative new features and a focus on simple, intuitive design and usability.
Our users undertake highly skilled, high-value work. We're looking for someone who can learn new domains quickly, such as Generative AI / LLMs and real estate due diligence, and enjoys understanding complex user needs. You will work closely with our users cross-functionally to design elegant solutions to challenging problems so that Orbital Witness Orbital Witness continues to be the #1 platform for real estate due diligence in the country.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced product designer to join an exciting and fast growing company at an early stage. As such, you’ll be able to shape the creative direction of our products and design processes, as well as have a massive impact on the business and your career development.
You’ll get a chance to: 👩💻 👨💻
- Work across multiple product areas with support, but ultimately, own the design of the company's products for commercial property lawyers and residential conveyancers, ensuring a consistent, cohesive and delightful user experience
- Think outside the box! 📦 (cliché, but it’s true!). The problems we’re solving are often complex and require thinking about differently - we’re revolutionising a 150 year old industry after all
- Conduct frequent user research interviews with a super engaged & transparent group of users. Our team often conduct anywhere from 5-10 user interviews a month to inform and validate design & product decisions - you would be a huge part of that!
- Think on your feet and develop innovative ways to engage new customers in gaining their feedback on product developments and features
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to define and prioritise design requirements and come up with innovative ideas for features
- Create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs for new features
- Improve and evolve our design system, ensuring that our products maintain a clean and intuitive user experience and we have consistent design patterns across all of our products
- Ensure that all design work is thoroughly documented when it is ready to hand-off to engineers
- Work side-by-side with engineers to ensure that your designs go live for users as you originally envisioned them
You should apply if: ✍️
- You’re keen and bring a positive energy to solving complex problems in technical domains and are able to design intuitive user experiences that present the data in simple, easy to understand ways
- You thrive being hands on with design and taking ownership. You aren’t afraid of working at pace when producing designs
- You’re a master of wearing different hats 🎩 🧢 👒 - We have a number of products and subsequently, different users and use cases. You value variety, designing across different products and for different users
- You’ve got 4+ years of experience in product design, with a focus on B2B SaaS products (experience in the legal or property sectors would be a benefit but not required.)
- You can showcase a strong portfolio of work you’ve done across the entire product design lifecycle, from research through to visual design.
- You think creatively and can come up with innovative ideas in a collaborative team environment, e.g. using paper sketches or around a whiteboard
- You conduct your own user research interviews and usability test your designs with real users to understand what works and what doesn't
- You’re proficient and fast using tools such as Figma, Zeplin, and Miro to create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs, and deliver high quality hand-offs
- You’re excellent at presenting your work and communicating your ideas and designs logically using a clear and rational story or narrative
- You’ve built and maintained a design system for a B2B SaaS product
- Competitive starting salary of £70k - £80k DOE
- Matched pension contributions
- Equity options in a fast growing start-up
- Flexible working hours and location; should you choose to work from home or need a change of scenery for a few days you will have access to 40+ TOG offices in London and even more around the world
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Professional equipment and personal development budget along with training opportunities to learn and develop your skills
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- An inclusive community enjoying all-company offsites, lunches and socials
- Spill - an all-in-one mental health support app through Slack
💡 We value diversity at Orbital Witness, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all of the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising.