Senior Front End Developer
Our Mission ⚡
About 5% of supply chain emissions are a result of last-mile logistics and transportation, and as e-commerce booms, emissions are set to increase by more than 32% in the top 100 cities globally.
We are on a mission to become the largest ecosystem of sustainable vehicles in the world; by enabling the electrification of commercial fleets in Europe by connecting fleet operators and service providers in one platform.
Move fast: Done is better than perfect.
- We work on small iterations: Learn, build, test, monitor and repeat.
- The planet needs action now.
- We lead change in our industry
- There is no better timing than now to execute on our vision, but the window is short.
Be passionate and purposeful: Deeply care about everything we do.
- Believe in our mission, for a better future. Believe in tech for good, let’s have an impact together.
- Be obsessed with our product, customers and industry.
- Be part of something that matters
Strong opinions loosely held
- Speak up, be opinionated but listen and stay open
- We build this together
We win and lose together
- We optimise for the success of our mission rather than ourselves
- We empower each other
- We value transparency and being straightforward
- We don’t like egos
- You succeed with Papaya
Have fun: Enjoy the ride!
- We are a group of friends solving big challenges
- We celebrate our success
- We learn from our failures
- We come to work through choice not a necessity
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously
- We make our products fun
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced front-end lead developer to join us.
As we strive to provide our customers with a "World-class product experience", you will have the opportunity to shape the user experience and interface of our products, ensuring they are intuitive, visually appealing, and highly functional.
This is a position that requires both technical expertise and strong mentoring abilities to guide and support less experienced developers in their professional growth.
- Collaborate within a cross-functional team, including back-end developers, designers, and product managers, to design elegant and user-friendly solutions
- Build and ship features our customers will love.
- Our customers are at the heart of our product; you will have the chance to listen to and understand real-time customer feedback and turn it into valuable features
- Mentor and guide less experienced developers, providing technical support, code reviews, and constructive feedback to help them improve their skills and grow professionally.
- Architect, develop and maintain scalable, modular, and reusable front-end components and libraries.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies, and provide recommendations on incorporating new tools and frameworks into our development process.
- Experience with responsive design, cross-browser compatibility, and performance optimization is a plus.
- Familiarity with back-end technologies (e.g. Node.js, Ruby) is a plus.
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently, whilst also being a team player.
Our Tech Stack 💻
- Vercel / Cloudflare
- Ruby on Rails API - REST and GraphQL
- AWS / Heroku
A successful candidate will:
- Have strong frontend experience with React
- Have a bias to producing a high-quality product but can be scrappy when the occasion arises.
- Have a product mindset - our code is a means to improve our user’s day-to-day lives
- Enjoy collaborating with designers, product managers and engineers alike
- Have the seniority with the ability to upskill and mentor others
- Be an advocate for the Tech for Good movement
- Be part of a defining and fast-growing early-stage start-up with a huge opportunity, backed by world-class investors
- Define your own journey, as you receive autonomy to develop your own ideas. Be part of a team that is inclusive, flexible and passionate about empowering and learning from each other!
- Have an impact, be part of the electrification revolution and feel proud about it
- Receive competitive compensation and benefits, with an equity stake in the company. We believe everyone should get a slice of the pie
- Work flexibly, so your work doesn’t interfere with your personal commitments
- Join our little home, we have our HQ in the coolest area of London and it's full of snacks and drinks
- Get a last-generation e-bike as part of our salary sacrifice e-bike subscription, and make your office commute healthier and more sustainable
- We are an energetic, passionate bunch, and love having fun as much as we like working. Join us for dinners and socials as we grow together as a team!
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Paid Parental leave
- Perks shopping discounts
- We will match your paid pension contributions, up to 3% of your base salary