Senior Frontend Developer
About 5% of supply chain emissions are a result of last-mile logistics and transportation, and as e-commerce booms, emissions are set to increase more than 32% in the top 100 cities globally.
We are on a mission to become the largest ecosystem of sustainable vehicles in the world; by enabling the electrification of commercial fleets in Europe through connecting fleet operators and service providers in one platform.
Move fast: Done is better than perfect.
- We work on small iterations: Learn, build, test, monitor and repeat
- The planet needs action now
- We lead change in our industry
- There is no better timing than now to execute our vision, but the window is short
Be passionate and purposeful: Deeply care about everything we do.
- Believe in our mission, for a better future
- Believe in tech for good, let’s have an impact together
- Be obsessed with our product, customers and industry
- Be part of something that matters
Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Speak up, be opinionated but listen and stay open
- We are building this together
We win and lose together.
- We optimise for the success of our mission rather than ourselves
- We empower each other
- We value transparency and being straightforward (No Bullshit)
- We don’t like egos
- You succeed with Papaya
Have fun: Enjoy the ride!
- We are a group of friends solving big challenges
- We celebrate our success
- We learn from our failures
- We come to work through choice not a necessity
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously
- We make our products fun
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced front-end lead developer to join us.
As we strive to provide our customers with a "World-class product experience", you will have the opportunity to shape the user experience and interface of our products, ensuring they are intuitive, visually appealing, and highly functional.
This is a position that requires both technical expertise and strong mentoring abilities to guide and support less experienced developers in their professional growth.
We are open to both remote or hybrid working, we have an office HQ in London which we encourage employees to come to as much as possible, but also have some remote team members.
- Collaborate within a cross-functional team, including back-end developers, designers, and product managers, to design elegant and user-friendly solutions
- Build and ship features our customers will love
- Our customers are at the heart of our product; you will have the chance to listen to and understand real-time customer feedback and turn it into valuable features
- Mentor and guide less experienced developers, providing technical support, code reviews, and constructive feedback to help them improve their skills and grow professionally
- Architect, develop, and maintain scalable, modular, and reusable front-end components and libraries
- Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies, and provide recommendations on incorporating new tools and frameworks into our development process
- Experience with responsive design, cross-browser compatibility, and performance optimization is a plus
- Familiarity with back-end technologies (e.g. Node.js, Ruby) is a plus
- Be a self-starter and able to work independently, whilst also being a team player
We like to keep it simple and use the right tool for the right time so it is likely to change, but currently, we are using:
- Vercel / Cloudflare
- Ruby on Rails API - REST and GraphQL
- AWS / Heroku