Customer Support Specialist
“Pleo was founded in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 2015 by”... That’s usually how an opening line about Pleo goes. But a lot has happened since! Pleo has grown fast and we now offer our services across multiple markets, to over 20,000 businesses and we are just getting started!
Now to the point…
We're looking for somebody to join our growing Customer Support team. Someone driven and curious, who has their finger on the pulse when it comes to helping our customers navigate our product effortlessly.
As a Customer Support Specialist, you will spend your time interacting directly with our customers on different support channels, providing them with an effective, easy and enjoyable Pleo experience. You will manage assigned support tickets, ensuring that customer questions are resolved promptly, or escalated in a timely manner. You will learn and understand the Pleo product deeply. You will troubleshoot it, educate our customers about it while having the opportunity to discover how Pleo operates from the ground up and to make a real impact on the future of the organization.
If you are resilient and curious, enjoy providing an exceptional customer support experience, are a strong communicator and a fast researcher, we would love to hear from you!
*The job will be based in Lisbon or Madrid, we expect you will be able to attend the office regularly but it will be a hybrid work set-up!*
Your CV shows that you:
- Have native-level fluency in written and spoken English - it’s our company language
- Have competence in another European language (e.g. Spanish, German, Danish, French, Swedish, Dutch)
- Love providing fantastic, high-touch customer support on live chat, email and phone - you are enthusiastic about proactively contacting customers over the phone when written communication no longer provides a coherent customer experience
- Are a doer - you don’t wait for your wings, you grow them by taking action
- Have a persistent and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Are happy to explain complicated problems in the simplest terms
- Have a genuine desire to work in a fast-paced, fast-changing and collaborative environment
- Are tech-savvy
- Have experience with cloud systems, bookkeeping and financial technology/payment cards (a big plus, not a must)
Your colleagues say that you:
- Are resilient - you get it done and will stay with a task until it's resolved
- Are good with change
- Are not hesitant and enjoy the puzzle of solving open-ended problems
- Are a team player - we have no room for sharp elbows
- Don’t shy away from ambiguous situations and ask the right questions to untangle them
- Are a diffuser - always patient and kind, no matter what
- Have endless curiosity
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - whether you are working remote or at one of our offices 🍜
- Private Health Insurance to ensure you’re fit of body and mind to do your best work
- 25 days holiday per year + your local public holidays
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶🏻
- €2500 annual Flex Benefits budget (maybe you want to buy additional holidays, pay for the gym, book a professional coach or pay for part of your MBA - entirely up to you!). We know everybody prioritises different benefits. So, our Flex Benefits package lets you choose what best suits you. Ask us about what we offer; we’ll be happy to outline more!
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Through fintech we've seen a way to impact how people work; we think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Based on some pretty amazing Series C-round investment in 2021 we think we're onto something big.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 800+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal, or Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by sensible things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us we'll help you get up the best remote setup possible and will fly you in for our amazing team camps ✈️
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.