Senior Partner Manager
Paying out-of-pocket sucks. Manual data entry is painful. Workplaces need to be more trusting, and finance leaders need to be more tech-savvy.
We’re right at the tipping point of a fintech revolution - but we need your help to get there.
We are looking for a new star to come in and help us grow our Partnerships channel even further. The right candidate will bring experience in partnerships, sales and/or account management (bonus points if additionally with a payments background too!)
We are a lean but hella mighty team - and we are looking for someone equally motivated who wants to make their mark and help us expand our horizons.
If this gets you excited, please keep reading!
About the role
Partnerships is a team of 5 Partner Managers with a big shared ambition! Together, we are responsible for building and nurturing the partner communities across the Nordics, DACH - and importantly, the UK and Ireland. Our aim is to position Pleo as that no brainer, go-to solution in each of our markets; bringing so much joy to our referral partners that they want to roll out Pleo to their entire client base! With this channel, everyday is a learning opportunity - therefore the right candidate needs to be excited about building something novel, motivated at building lasting relationships, and bring with them a strong commercial mindset.
As a Senior Partner Manager, your role will have 2 areas of focus. First, you will be inheriting a portfolio of high-value accountant partners: a strong foundation which we expect you to take on, build from and grow.
Secondly, you’ll be helping to launch and scale our consulting partner community. This will be a new area for Pleo Partnerships - so the right candidate won’t be scared to explore unchartered waters, and will be excited to flex their hunter skills in this regard.
No matter which persona you’re working with, you’ll do whatever it takes to ensure they consistently refer you business each month, getting deep under the hood of that partner to understand their needs, and tailor a unique plan that will help them reach our joint partnership goals. From delivering team training on the Pleo product, to hosting webinars and events, to meeting senior stakeholders for a strategic meeting… Your role is to nurture and further develop each relationship to help onboard as many of their clients to Pleo as possible.
That’s how we approach Partnerships at Pleo. If this resonates with you and you're up for the challenge, apply below!
But wait, you haven't heard of Pleo before? Really?
Quite simply; we’re a company spending solution (the #1 in Europe, if you must know 😉). Not only are we doing away with the dreaded expense management process (Excel sheets, be gone!) - but we’re also taking the fintech/accounting scene by storm, paving the way for how a modern finance leader manages all aspects of their spend.
The best part is that we're all users of Pleo ourselves - you too will also get your own Pleo card! - so it's a very applicable tool. It impacts anyone in a company who could spend money on behalf of their business - be it a coffee with clients, or a Mac for a new hire.
What we need from you on the first day:
- Experience with building long-lasting B2B relationships through its full sales cycle; from prospecting and outbound to conversion and nurture - plus the revenue track record to back it up!
- An existing network within spend and payment providers (accounting software, HR tools, travel, invoices …) is beneficial but not a prerequisite
- A strategic and analytical mindset to plan for success - working with partners is a long-term game!
- Ambition - lots of it - and strong inner motivation paired with a positive mindset (it's the key to hitting targets 🎯 )
- Exceptional people skills: strong listening abilities, empathy, and genuine flowing curiosity to learn more about the people you are interacting with
- Executive presence - you can command a room of strangers with ease, and don’t shy away from tricky conversations about accountability
- Hustle: you prefer not to hide away behind emails, and are constantly looking for the next opportunity to be proactive!
- Independence: here at Pleo we are empowered to use our own initiative, and you’ll feel just as comfortable working closely as a unit as you will being autonomous
- Ability to learn technical, accounting knowledge…
- ...and explain it in a simple, digestible way
Your colleagues say you:
- Are collaborative and easy to work with
- Suggest the latest tech/ apps/ trends to apply
- Constantly seek out feedback to improve your skills
- Are driven but...
- ...don't have sharp elbows
- Are a person they would also enjoy having a coffee with (virtual or not)
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - with catering in our London office 🍜
- Private health insurance to ensure you’re fit in body and mind to do your best work
- In the UK/I, we offer 25 days of holiday + your public holidays
- For our Partnerships Domain we offer a hybrid working model
- Option to purchase 5 additional days of holiday through a salary sacrifice
- Wellbeing days - fully paid days off designed for a slower pace, allowing you to take time to recharge and prioritise self-care
- We’re trialling MyndUp to give our employees access to free mental health and wellbeing support with great success so far ❤️🩹
- Access to LinkedIn Learning - acquire new skills, stay abreast of industry trends and fuel your personal and professional development continuously
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶
- All of us have a stake in Pleo’s success - ask us about our equity grant scheme
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- Amazing office where we value a great working environment (real barista coffee so you don’t have to go to a coffee shop, friday bars, amazing lounge areas among other things)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.