Mid-Market Account Executive - Netherlands
*We will likely be recruiting for our Dutch sales team in 2024- please apply to join our Talent pool, we'll come back to you once a vacancy is opened!*
👋 Something very very exciting is happening: Pleo is growing in The Netherlands!
Let’s face it: out-of-pocket expenses suck. And manual expense spreadsheets are old-school. No one wants to wait until payday to be reimbursed for something they bought for work, and finance teams have better things to do than spend hours tapping away on Excel. At Pleo, we’re on a mission to change this. We’re here to make spend management surprisingly effective and empowering – for finance teams and employees.
We’re doing away with an outdated business process to end out-of-pocket spending, encourage autonomy and give finance teams trust in employees. You'll be selling the SaaS tool (company spending solution) that comes with physical pre-paid cards that are then distributed to all employees of the company. But Pleo’s about more than just paying for stuff. You’ll be helping our customers simplify and streamline their invoices, reimbursements, subscriptions – the lot.
What's up to me? 🚀
Pretty simply - to help spread the good news of Pleo to the Dutch market, and get them to use it. You come with the sales skills and curiosity, and in exchange we'll prepare you with an expertly crafted & tailored outbound methodology. Outbound sales gives you the ability to maintain control of your leads, as well as give you the autonomy to explore whichever industries intrigue you. You'll also be partially supported by marketing, who deliver warm leads straight into your pipe (at an above-industry-standard rate).
What markets are we in? 🌏
Great question! We currently service over 20 000+ clients across Europe - in Denmark, UK, Ireland, Sweden, Germany and Spain. Saying that, Pleo users can (and have) used their cards all over the world - from Québec to Cape Town!
What we need from you on the first day 🚀
- Complete fluency in Dutch with full professional proficiency in English to boot 🇳🇱
- Experience in Outbound B2B SaaS Sales. You will execute email, social & cold calling outbound prospecting campaigns
- Ambition - lots of it - and strong inner motivation paired with a positive mindset (it's the key to hitting targets 🎯 )
- Winning attitude - knowing that there are easy days and hard days and the ability to get through them both
- Pipeline management and ability to work in a high energy sales environment 🔥 - Our sales process is dynamic and fast. You are geared to close sales every day!
- An entrepreneurial mindset - we are growing in The Netherlands and we need you to build our Dutch presence
- Exceptional people skills: strong listening abilities, empathy, and genuine and flowing curiosity to learn more about the people you are interacting with
Things you will be doing:
- Manage the day to day sales activities: Outbound calls, LinkedIn and emails, driving meetings, closing deals and nurturing relationships with onboarded accounts.
- Training and learning! We value your learning and development.
- Regularly share market and customer feedback to internal stakeholders, including to the Country Manager, Marketing and Product team.
Show me the benefits! 🤩
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending)
- Standard Health Insurance
- 25 days holidays (annual) plus bank holidays
- Free access to LinkedIn learning. This will support you to master the skills to take your career to the next level. LinkedIn learnings offers +16K courses taught by industry experts
- Wellbeing Days
- Lunch allowance 120 EUR per month for all 12 months added to the salary
And here are some other nice gestures that we do
- All the technology you need to get the job done (Macbook, Headset, Screens, etc)
- Loads of weird and wonderful niche communities to join in the company (we're talking guerrilla gardening, liquids tasting, the Pleo band, learning to code initiatives, that type of thing)
- Wild enthusiasm and encouragement from us if you want to host MeetUps, events, etc - we'll help (venue, food etc)
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.