Senior Customer Success Manager - Denmark
Let’s face it: out-of-pocket expenses suck. Manual expense spreadsheets are old-school. No one wants to wait until payday to be reimbursed for something they bought for work, and finance teams have better things to do than spend hours tapping away on Excel. At Pleo, we’re on a mission to change this. We’re here to make spend management surprisingly effective and empowering – for finance teams and employees.
And that's what we're here to do. But we need your help🤝
We, at Pleo, are looking for a hands-on, experienced customer experience professional to join our Danish Mid-Market Customer Success Team in our HQ in Copenhagen to work closely with our biggest strategic customers.
Positivity, determination, a growth mindset, a strong sense for detail, and the will to push through until the end are critical to your success here. You are constantly putting the team first, you are going out of your way to help your customers, and you are leading from the front, showing the way forward in every interaction.
Proven experience in a consultative customer-facing role (customer success management, account management, management consulting, etc.) is required, as well as experience in an enterprise software or SaaS organisation.
What we need from you
- You have a growth mindset that always looks for the positive, while your energy is contagious to your colleagues and customers around you.
- You truly enjoy helping others move and improve. You love helping your customers scale and grow.
- You love goals and objectives. You don't always need to be given tasks – you create your own tasks while chasing your targets, and it motivates you to reach them.
- You are a trustworthy person who always ensures that deadlines are reached, promises are kept, and you do what is expected of you.
- You are the person who always wants to improve - everything. It can always be optimised, and done just a little bit better - every time.
- Self-improvement and self-awareness are critical to being open-minded to change and constructive feedback
- You are empathetic. You have a strong ability to feel how others are doing. You are also able to communicate in a very empathetic way and touch people's emotions.
- Ideally, you have a basic finance/accounting knowledge and/or experiences from working with tool integrations
- Fluency in Danish 🇩🇰 & English 🇬🇧 (our company language)
Your responsibilities will be:
- To be a Senior CSM to the local and wider team, mentoring your more junior peers and showing them the way
- Driving "Enterprise-like Experiences" for our biggest customers in the Danish market
- Build a moat around your biggest customers. Make sure no one leaves. Denmark is a mature market, and we keep what we bring in. And then we grow our customers from there; but it starts with retention and building a good relationship with your main stakeholders at the companies
- Acting like a leader. Not by title but by behaviour. Always leading from the front.
- Build and improve internal stakeholder relationships, especially with Sales, Product, Engineering and Marketing - think “One team, One dream”, and we will succeed as a team!
- Help taking us to the next evolution of CX in Pleo; what experiences and ideas do you bring that we can learn from, adapt and recycle to create the best CX team in Europe?
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - with catering in our Lisbon, Copenhagen and London offices or a monthly lunch allowance paid directly together with your salary in other markets
- Private health insurance to ensure you’re fit in body and mind to do your best work
- In Denmark, we offer 25 days of holiday + your public holidays
- For our Customer Success team we offer hybrid working, with up to two days a week from home
- Option to purchase 5 additional days of holiday through a salary sacrifice
- Wellbeing days - fully paid days off designed for a slower pace, allowing you to take time to recharge and prioritise self-care
- We’re trialling MyndUp to give our employees access to free mental health and wellbeing support with great success so far
- Access to LinkedIn Learning - acquire new skills, stay abreast of industry trends and fuel your personal and professional development continuously
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work
- All of us have a stake in Pleo’s success - ask us about our equity grant scheme
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.