Here at Pleo, we're onboarding new customers with Sonic.gif speed, which is amazing don't get me wrong, but the larger we become, the bigger the temptation from cyber criminals. As you may already know, we are in the FinTech business, and we handle money for our customers. So this is not just about protecting a company from a password leak that allows malicious actors to post not-funny cat videos to your SoMe account - this is about directly protecting our customers' money. Well, this is where you (hopefully) come in!
This role focuses on security governance. We are talking about both internal and external compliance, with a heavy emphasis on PCI-DSS and ISO27001/2. We’re looking for someone who is ready to take ownership of governance processes, including vendor management, evidence collection and documentation, as well as risk management. Our ideal candidate has experience with governance, risk and compliance projects and is willing to help build and mature the domain.
To give you a better idea, here are some tasks you might do as a Governance, Risk & Compliance Analyst at Pleo.
- Collaborate with Procurement, Legal and Privacy by reviewing and assessing new vendors and tools
- Own, design and implement control frameworks and evidence collection tools for PCI-DSS and ISO 27001/2 compliance
- Respond to internal and external queries about our security program
- Draft, review and implement security policies, standards and guidelines in collaboration with various stakeholders
- Manage ad hoc GRC projects and maintain ongoing compliance efforts
- Create security awareness training materials for Pleo employees
There will be a lot of flexibility in this role depending on your interests and skills, but as an Analyst you will most likely:
- Help plan, prioritize, and manage our GRC roadmap.
- Nurture and execute projects supporting a long term security vision.
- Continuously think about how we balance compliance efforts with the needs of a rapidly growing and evolving FinTech company.
We expect that you have experience with GRC frameworks and tooling, as well as knowledge about industry standard frameworks. The most important is that you have a passion for the field, you are willing to expand your knowledge, and that you enjoy the responsibilities that come along with such a role.
- You recognize that communication is a core part of your job within application security
- You are pragmatic in your approach to security - and apply the goldilocks principle. You understand that risk drives effort, effort drives cost, not the other way around.
- You agree security isn't sorcery but is a matter of understanding complex systems and applying/recycling creative thinking to interesting problems.
- You love learning new things and enjoy working with problem areas you aren't an expert in (yet).
- You are honest and unafraid to state things exactly like they are - acknowledging and communicating what's broken is the first step to fixing things.
The nitty gritty skills
- Able to work well with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You are comfortable with GRC tooling (we use OneTrust)
- You have experience assessing security risks in third-party vendors.
- You have strong understanding and experience with industry standards, including PCI-DSS and ISO 27000 series.
Show me the benefits!
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - with catering in our Lisbon, Copenhagen and London offices or a monthly lunch allowance paid directly together with your salary in other markets 🍜
- Private health insurance to ensure you’re fit in body and mind to do your best work
- For our this team we offer flexibility/remote working options
- Option to purchase 5 additional days of holiday through a salary sacrifice
- Wellbeing days - fully paid days off designed for a slower pace, allowing you to take time to recharge and prioritise self-care
- We’re trialling MyndUp to give our employees access to free mental health and wellbeing support with great success so far ❤️🩹
- Access to LinkedIn Learning - acquire new skills, stay abreast of industry trends and fuel your personal and professional development continuously
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶
- All of us have a stake in Pleo’s success - ask us about our equity grant scheme
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.