Content Design Manager
Let’s face it: out-of-pocket expenses suck. Manual expense spreadsheets are old-school. No one wants to wait until payday to be reimbursed for something they bought for work, and finance teams have better things to do than spend hours tapping away on Excel. At Pleo, we’re on a mission to change this. We’re here to make spend management surprisingly effective and empowering – for finance teams and employees.And that's what we're here to do. But we need your help. We're looking for a UX-focused Content Design Manager who can mentor, grow, and lead our content designers delivering great experiences, well-defined content strategy and advocacy of the discipline. You will be the direct line manager of our Content Designers and, as part of the Core Experience team, you will be hands-on responsible for the quality of the content in our product. You will be part of the design leadership team developing a stronger understanding of how content influences the overall experience and you will be responsible for creating and establishing efficient processes, templates, and resources to help the team work smarter, faster, and more effectively.
- Manage Content Designers in the makers organisation including providing regular, actionable performance feedback as well as mentoring and coaching team members to set concrete goals and develop their strengths
- Accountable for content quality across the content design team and deliver great content-driven experiences across our product.
- Build relationships and collaborate with product managers, other design leaders, the localisation team and marketing /brand colleagues.
- Provide feedback and support on content across the product (including product names, labels, navigation and other UX-related content)
- Balance managing with hands-on work and set an example that helps elevate the practice
- Shape easy-to-use content guidelines for the organisation to follow as well as create training material to enable the makers organisation as a whole.
- Help the team influence and document strategic content decisions
- 8+ years practicing the content craft in the design field with both strategic and tactical proof points.
- Experience working closely with product teams, design leaders, product designers and product managers.
- Experience working with brand and marketing colleagues.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with cross-functional partners and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability in problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Fluency in English is a must and fluency in German is a plus.
- Management experience is a plus.
Show me the benefits
- Your own Pleo card (no more out-of-pocket spending!)
- Lunch is on us - with catering in our Lisbon, Copenhagen and London offices or a monthly lunch allowance paid directly together with your salary in other markets 🍜
- Private health insurance to ensure you’re fit in body and mind to do your best work
- We offer 25 days of holiday + your public holidays (Subject to the country you decide to work from)
- Option to purchase 5 additional days of holiday through a salary sacrifice
- Wellbeing days - fully paid days off designed for a slower pace, allowing you to take time to recharge and prioritise self-care
- We’re trialling MyndUp to give our employees access to free mental health and wellbeing support with great success so far ❤️🩹
- Access to LinkedIn Learning - acquire new skills, stay abreast of industry trends and fuel your personal and professional development continuously
- Paid parental leave - we want to make sure that we're supportive of families and help you feel that you don't have to compromise your family due to work 👶
- All of us have a stake in Pleo’s success - ask us about our equity grant scheme
Why join us?
Working at Pleo means you're working on something very exciting: the future of work. Our mission is to help every company go beyond the books. Pleo itself means ‘more than you’d expect’, and it’s been the secret to our success over the last 8 years. So it’s only fitting that we’d pass this philosophy onto our customers to help them make the most of their finances.
We think company spending should be delegated to all employees and teams, that it should be as automated as possible, and that it should drive a culture of responsible spending. Finance teams shouldn’t be siloed from the rest of the organisation – they should work in unity with marketing, sales, IT and everyone else.
Speaking of working in unity, our values tell the story of how we work at Pleo. We have four core values, the first of which is ‘champion the customer’, which means we address real pain points that businesses face. Next up is ‘succeed as a team’, which highlights how our strength lies in our diversity and trust in each other. We also ‘make it happen’ by taking bold decisions and following through to deliver results. Last but not least, we ‘build to scale’, creating lasting solutions that address today’s challenges and anticipate tomorrow’s needs.
So, in a nutshell, that's Pleo. Today we are a 850+ team, from over 100 nations, sitting in our Copenhagen HQ, London, Stockholm, Berlin, Madrid, Montreal and Lisbon offices —and quite a few full-time remotes in 35 other countries! Being HQ'd out of Copenhagen means we're inspired by things like a good work-life balance. If you don't work in the office with us, we'll help you set up the best remote setup possible and make sure you still have time to connect with your team.
About your application
- Please submit your application in English; it’s our company language so you’ll be speaking lots of it if you join 💕
- We treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our application system - any correspondence should come from there! Our lovely support isn't able to pass on any calls/ emails our way - and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone 😊
- We’re on a mission to make everyone feel valued at work. That’s only achievable if our team reflects the diversity of the world around us - and that starts with you, hitting apply, even if you are worried you might not tick all the boxes! We embrace and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply - regardless of race/ethnicity, colour, religion, nationality, gender, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, socio-economic status, culture or beliefs.
- When you submit an application we process your personal data as a data processor. Find out more about how your data is used in the FAQs section at the bottom of our jobs page.