Since 2018, PortalOne has been laser-focused on its mission to converge the strengths of the games and TV industries to build an entirely new category: hybrid games. To succeed in forging this new category, we've built a team of industry experts from around the world, all bringing unique experiences from diverse industries. This, paired with our extensive roster of world-class investors and advisors, empowers us to deliver this next generation of entertainment.
We want to increase the joy and value of playtime, and realize the full potential of immersive, gamified experiences to entertain, inspire, connect and develop people around the world. Our mission is to become the ultimate destination for hybrid games, in the same way that Netflix is for TV and film, and Spotify for music. While our product is currently in beta, we are significantly outperforming industry standards, and we're now looking to supercharge our growth and increase our velocity as we gear up to launch PortalOne out into the world.
Regardless of your role, department, or level, we focus on cultivating a supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative environment. The beauty of joining our team at this stage is that each department is currently relatively small, meaning that you will see your contribution have an impact on our products, and your work will directly influence the evolution of hybrid games!
THAT'S WHERE YOU COME IN
As a Technical Artist, reporting to the Head of Visual, you will be responsible for developing and implementing technical solutions for the creation of high-quality art content. You will work closely with the art and engineering teams to identify and solve technical challenges, and you are expected to have a deep understanding of both art and technical principles.
Your challenge will include:
- Acting as a key stakeholder in the art production pipelines, creating scripts, tools, and guidelines, as well as helping to define workflows that can improve production challenges for the art department.
- Working closely with the Head of Visual and other artists to identify, research, and define production needs.
- Defining the production plan of new games, features, and tools, in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Being instrumental in optimization and performance improvements across multiple platforms, such as PC, VR, and mobile.
- Working with external parties to ensure all deliverables follow our technical specifications and that performance requirements are met.
- Providing technical guidance and mentorship to other members of the art team.
- Creating and modifying various art assets for mobile and studio (High-end PC & VR) needs.
- Staying up-to-date with new technologies and techniques in the industry and incorporating them into the development process as appropriate.
WHO YOU ARE
Join our dynamic team as a Technical Artist and bring your technical expertise and artistic vision to the table. If you have a strong portfolio showcasing your technical skills and artistic abilities, experience in the game development industry, and meet the qualifications listed below, we would love you to apply!
- Minimum 5 years of technical art experience in mobile, console and/or PC game development.
- A minimum of 3 published game titles on your resumé, not including solo-dev or student projects.
- Strong experience with industry-standard art production pipelines for AAA and/or mobile game development.
- Demonstrable experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and 5, including Unreal Engine blueprints.
- Excellent understanding of the Unreal Engine rendering pipeline and performance optimization.
- Familiarity with Houdini and/or Blender Geometry Nodes for procedural art production needs.
- Demonstrable knowledge in foundational art skills like light, color, form, and composition.
- Generalist art knowledge or hands-on experience in the creation of game art assets in multiple art disciplines is highly preferable.
- Some knowledge of scripting in Python, C++ or similar programming languages is not required but is considered a significant advantage.
- Knowledgeable with industry-standard software like Blender, Houdini, Substance Painter/Designer, and Zbrush.
- Familiarity with version control systems and asset management tools.
- Working proficiency in English with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical team members.
In addition to these technical skills, as an experienced Technical Artist, you should also be highly organized. You should be able to manage your own time effectively and work collaboratively with team members to meet project deadlines. As a technical expert, you should also be comfortable providing constructive feedback to outsourcing partners to ensure deliveries meet expectations and requirements. Having an affinity for providing mentorship and guidance to your peers will be key to success in this role.
>YES / NO
- Oslo Office
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
Already working at PortalOne?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.