We are looking for excellent software engineers to take on a key role in the firm shaping the scalability, performance and simplicity of our core trading stack.
As a proprietary trading firm we have a single goal and focus, uniting all teams - trading the markets successfully. For this, we need to develop a robust trading infrastructure that can reliably work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This role provides an opportunity to take early responsibility and ownership of projects that directly drive the PnL of our firm. Work in a meritocratic, 100% bootstrapped company that focuses on technology rather than fund raising.
We would consider all levels of experience from university graduate to experienced or more senior engineers.
You are excited about and have a demonstrable passion and expertise in software engineering. Likely, you have also worked in a proprietary trading environment previously or have experience in a similar high-performance, low-latency fields such as Telecom. You are hands on and pragmatic about finding the right trade offs between long-term technological vision and supporting day to day profitability of the firm as a whole.
You are interested in solving complex technological issues and looking for ownership of business-critical systems. You enjoy a flat hierarchy and a collaborative, meritocratic environment in a small team.
- Shape the engineering efforts and technological choices of core trading system that run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Improve scalability, observability, and end-to-end performance of existing trading system
- Closely work with research and trading teams to increase productivity and turn-around speed from raw data to production trading
- Ensure that the technology stack is evolving with reliability, scalability, performance and security in mind
- Manage and support trading system operations
Qualities that make a great candidate
- Expertise in software development in a relevant field
- Experience in infrastructure management with strong focus on AWS, networking (TCP/UDP/FIX/DNS/WebSocket, multicast) and mindset for solid security
- Long-term Linux user with intimate knowledge of running servers and performance tuning
- Experience with building event-driven systems using Netty, Aeron and SBE
- Enjoys and excels at finding creative, simple and pragmatic solutions to complex problems in trading
- Excited to work in a small team with a common goal
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Private health insurance
- Auto enrolment in defined contribution pension scheme
- Free Friday lunches, drinks and snacks
- Conference budget
- Central London office
If the above job description excites you please submit your CV together with a brief cover letter that clearly outlines the reason why you apply and what makes you a great fit for the role. Applications without cover letter will not be considered.