VP of Business Development
We are looking for an experienced and driven VP of Business Development responsible for developing new business opportunities for Rossum. Your day-to-day will consist in finding and developing new business opportunities, expanding the brand, and finally growing our revenue. This role includes managing a team of 20 (3 TLs and 17 BDRs).
At Rossum, our primary goal is to make B2B communication frictionless and to give humanity back precious time that is wasted with mind-numbing tasks! Rossum’s artificial intelligence platform is leveraged to automate end-to-end document processing more accurately & more intelligently than ever before.
To be successful as a VP of business development, you should be persuasive and have strong business acumen. Ultimately, an exceptional VP of business development should demonstrate excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
Your responsibilities will be to
- Develop a data-driven growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Help the team build a strong funnel in a predictable manner and increase the revenue by staying on top of trends, new market opportunities, and customer needs.
- Optimize conversion of our inbound lead funnel, and build consistent and predictable outbound motion.
- Focus on driving high team and individual performance by constantly monitoring and optimizing BDR productivity and efficiency metrics.
- Continuously optimize the BDR process to scale what works.
- Develop the team: recruitment, continuous coaching, enablement, career development, performance management.
- Prepare business plans and present necessary forecasts and budgets to the leadership team.
- Work in close cooperation with VP of Sales, CSO and CMO.
- Introducing new tools and methodologies to enable the team to achieve the best results.
- Review and optimize our CRM usage with close cooperation with the Rossum RevOps team.
You should apply if you have
- 3+ work experience in a Business Development Leadership position.
- Proven sales track record.
- Experience managing inbound and outbound motions.
- Strategic thinking but also hands on attitude.
- Data-driven mindset, entrepreneurship attitude and ability to "think different".
- Proficiency in SFDC and Salesoft.
- SaaS market knowledge, ideally in deep tech space.
- Startup or Scale up experience.
- Authority as well as a positive attitude to foster their team members’ qualities and create a work environment where they can be open, honest, and productive.
- Excellent level of English.
What we offer (Benefits)
We are building a hyper-growth SaaS startup following the best Silicon Valley practices, in Prague.
- Stock options
- 5 weeks of vacation
- 5 sick days / personal time off
- Flexible working hours, hybrid regime of work
- Extra two weeks for paternity leave
- High end laptop & other necessary tech
- English & Czech language lessons on all levels (Prague only)
- Tasky snacks, food and beverages in the office (Prague only)
- Multisport card to access sports facilities (Prague only)
- Referral program
Rossum (the name comes from Czech writer Karel Čapek’s play “Rossum’s Universal Robots”) is capable of extracting data (from documents) six times faster than the human rate. Last year alone it managed to save companies across a number of sectors over one billion keystrokes, the equivalent of 150 years of human labor. Today, the company automates document communication for customers on five continents and a client roster that includes Siemens, Bosch, Cushman & Wakefield, Veolia, and, here in the Czech Republic, Alza, Kofola, and Mattoni.
After tripling our revenue in 2020 and securing Eastern Europe’s largest-ever Series A funding of $100M in 2021 , we plan to further expand our market share and invest heavily across our Go-to-market teams & our research and development backbone.
Our product is number #1 in its category.
Learn more about Rossum on Expats.cz, Forbes & TechCrunch.
Rossum is an equal opportunity employer. At Rossum we believe human potential is the most powerful force for progress and success we aim for. Therefore we maintain a culture of belonging and treat people with respect and provide equal opportunities for hiring, employment, promotion, termination, compensation etc. Rossum does not discriminate against any job applicant or employee or protected veteran because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), physical or mental disability, age or genetic information.
Something looks off?