Senior Cyber Security Engineer
We are currently seeking a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to join our team and play a crucial role in enhancing our security posture. In this role, you will be responsible for helping us tackle various security challenges, including improving the security of our core product application and infrastructure, streamlining our log management and alerting system, and strengthening our incident response capabilities. Your expertise and commitment to security will be instrumental in ensuring the protection of our assets and maintaining the trust of our customers.
In this role, you will be working in a team of 4 (2 IT, 2 security), and reporting directly to Zuzana Pechová, who is also a very active member of the security community in the Czech Republic.
Rossum’s vision is a world that builds rather than types. We leverage state-of-art AI to eliminate useless paperwork and make the whole world go faster. If you want to know more about the company and how we are making B2B communication frictionless, you’ll find detailed information at the bottom of the job description.
As a security engineer you’ll be responsible for:
- System administration of our log management system and adding new log sources from various SaaS platforms, creating or customizing security alerts
- Creation and support of small helper tools to ease up daily team operations
- Incident response based on alerts and long-term remediation of discovered findings
You should apply if
- You have a background in Linux system administration and scripting (preferably in Python)
- You have experience with log management and security monitoring systems - as an admin (hence the Linux system administration background) and as a security analyst (to be able to understand the logs, set up security alerts, and solve them)
- You are reasonably good at planning, coordinating, and delivering short-term cross-team security improvements and/or remediation activities
- You have a wide range of general knowledge about good security practices - like e-mail security setup, basic networking, access rights management, and more (as it will help with maintaining the alert rules and proceeding with remediations)
- You like to help others and also are not afraid to ask for help for yourself
- You’re a geek (this is not mandatory, but it helps 🙂)
What we offer
We are building a hyper-growth SaaS startup following the best Silicon Valley practices in Prague.
- Working with self-driven people who love what they do and continuously try to learn how to do it better
- We designed the Employee Stock Option Plan as the fairest in Prague.
- Enjoyable working environment in a very diverse team (27+ nationalities).
- 5 weeks of vacation, flexible working hours, and home office setup.
- Tasty snacks & the best coffee and tea in Prague.
- Multisport card to get your workout at any of 2,700 places in Czechia.
Rossum (the name comes from Czech writer Karel Čapek’s play “Rossum’s Universal Robots”) is capable of extracting data (from documents) six times faster than the human rate. Last year alone it managed to save companies across a number of sectors over one billion keystrokes, the equivalent of 150 years of human labor. Today, the company automates document communication for customers on five continents and a client roster that includes Siemens, Bosch, Cushman & Wakefield, Veolia, and, here in the Czech Republic, Alza, Kofola, and Mattoni.
After tripling our revenue in 2020 and securing Eastern Europe’s largest-ever Series A funding of $100M in 2021 , we plan to further expand our market share and invest heavily across our Go-to-market teams & our research and development backbone.
Our product is number #1 in its category.
Learn more about Rossum on Expats.cz, Forbes & TechCrunch.
Rossum is an equal opportunity employer. At Rossum we believe human potential is the most powerful force for progress and success we aim for. Therefore we maintain a culture of belonging and treat people with respect and provide equal opportunities for hiring, employment, promotion, termination, compensation etc. Rossum does not discriminate against any job applicant or employee or protected veteran because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), physical or mental disability, age or genetic information.
Something looks off?