Senior People Partner
Rossum is looking for an experienced and Strategic People Partner who is looking forward to working with Top Management and playing a critical role in the management of the business. We are not looking for a traditional people partner but for a strategic partner and change agent (who provides coaching, mentoring, and consulting). We are looking for somebody who combines key areas of skills:
- Company & industry-specific knowledge
- Strategic & Analytical mindset (Strategic Thinking, Analytical & Problem-Solving, Data-driven & Automation)
- People mindset (Relationship builders, Change Management, Communication & Influence)
- Coaching, Mentoring & Consulting Support (Talent Management, Emotional Intelligence & Coaching)
In this role, you will report directly to the Chief of Staff and Organizational Development Lead and work closely with the People Team to enhance how we support our international team. Most of the team is based in Prague, but we are also open to considering a hybrid setup for this position.
Ideally, you will have worked in a similar position a couple of times before, either having built out an HRBP function independently or as part of a larger team. Alternatively, you may bring experience from consulting or strategy, and you should be genuinely interested in working with people and dealing with people's challenges. In your career, you should have discovered that the most complex challenges to solve are the people ones, and you look forward to making a difference.
This role will require you to be hands-on, and you will also benefit from the support of the People Partner Team. We're looking for someone who takes a keen interest in developing talent from within and possesses a coaching mindset to help less experienced team members realize their full potential.
To be most effective in this role, you must be a vocal advocate for the work you do and the impact it can have as you help others navigate through change. Remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. By establishing methods to measure and track your impact, you will be able to present robust data points that enable you to make data-informed decisions.
This opportunity is ideal for someone looking to build, rather than maintain, a framework that supports our team on various topics, including leadership, people development, organizational design, culture, and performance, contributing to the success and health of our company.
- Organizational health: Collaborate with managers to plan their teams needs through workforce planning, talent assessment, and understanding the key drivers of performance, engagement and retention. Co-own behavior/performance improvement plans (PIPs) and facilitate and own offboarding interviews and follow-ups
- Management of the Manager Employee Journey: Support managers in effectively managing the employee journey. Provide them with a manager help center with adequate playbooks, guidelines, and tools to act as the primary point of contact for their team members
- Empowering Managers: Based on the assessment of organizational health and the manager-employee journey, design and implement development curriculums, playbooks, guidelines, and tools. Identify opportunities for cross-functional training and skill-sharing. Coach and train managers to enhance their effectiveness
- Experience working as a People Partner for at least 2 or 3 companies. Successful candidates usually have at least 5 years of experience in similar roles
- Proven track of working within an international team, and multiple backgrounds
- Prior experience working for companies in the tech space: SaaS, Marketplace, ecommerce, or similar
- Fluency in English
- Willingness to relocate to Prague, or to travel to Prague once per month on average
Key traits you should have:
- Strategic Thinker - You are always a step ahead, see the big picture of things, have a holistic view, connect the dots, and connect the short and long term
- Analytical & Problem-Solving - You don’t look for excuses but look for other ways or to bring new ideas, always based on data and facts
- Change Management - You appreciate the intricacies of change and recognize the crucial role of effective management in navigating it successfully
- Data-driven & Automation - You're obsessed with data and working smart, investing your time where it multiplies
- Talent Management - You partner with leaders to identify their talent needs, challenging them to see what they may have missed
- Communication & Influence - Your assertive communication style lets you express your ideas clearly and skillfully bring others on board
- Relationship builders - You effortlessly forge connections with others, recognizing the transformative power of relationships in achieving objectives
- Emotional Intelligence & Coaching - You can see things from other perspectives, to challenge prejudices and set beliefs, and to help others see other possibilities
- Learning mindset - combined with curiosity, you take a proactive approach to develop yourself and those around you
- Company & industry-specific knowledge - you know what working in a start-up means (for the good and the bad) and you have basic knowledge about how the business works
What we offer:
- Employee Stock Option Plan that's fair and rewarding
- Great working environment and diverse team (29+ nationalities)
- A laptop & necessary tech
- Access to 1:1 coaching through Bravely
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Other benefits depending on the location where you are hired
Rossum (the name comes from Czech writer Karel Čapek’s play “Rossum’s Universal Robots”) is capable of extracting data (from documents) six times faster than the human rate. Last year alone it managed to save companies across a number of sectors over one billion keystrokes, the equivalent of 150 years of human labor. Today, the company automates document communication for customers on five continents and a client roster that includes Siemens, Bosch, Cushman & Wakefield, Veolia, and, here in the Czech Republic, Alza, Kofola, and Mattoni.
After tripling our revenue in 2020 and securing Eastern Europe’s largest-ever Series A funding of $100M in 2021 , we plan to further expand our market share and invest heavily across our Go-to-market teams & our research and development backbone.
Our product is number #1 in its category.
Rossum is an equal opportunity employer. At Rossum we believe human potential is the most powerful force for progress and success we aim for. Therefore we maintain a culture of belonging and treat people with respect and provide equal opportunities for hiring, employment, promotion, termination, compensation etc. Rossum does not discriminate against any job applicant or employee or protected veteran because of race, colour, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), physical or mental disability, age or genetic information.