Backend Engineer 40-65k Hybrid working
At SeedLegals, we're on a mission to make legal work a breeze for startups and small businesses worldwide. Our tech-driven approach has already helped over 50,000 founders across the UK, France, Ireland, Hong Kong and Singapore close funding rounds, hire employees, and grant share options to their teams, to name just a few.
We're seeking talented backend developers to join one of our three scrum teams. You'll play a pivotal role in shaping team growth and developing our code base. Working alongside five engineers, a UX designer, and a Product Manager, you'll have the autonomy to drive innovation in areas like social investment features, document and workflow management, and legal template generation. Teams are managed from within and report directly to the CTO, so you'll be working alongside with your manager to solve technical problems.
This is a unique opportunity to gain extensive knowledge of the startup world, VC fundraising, investor tax schemes, and more. As you work on complex projects, you'll also gain invaluable domain knowledge that will prepare you for entrepreneurship yourself.
We're an international team of 17 developers from 12 countries, with a hybrid working model that allows for flexibility and collaboration. While each team meets fortnightly at our offices in Holborn to whiteboard, plan, and socialise, you'll also have the freedom to work remotely.
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You love solving challenging problems
- You love building high-performance APIs
- Have experience working with, and enjoy working with JVM languages (Java and Kotlin), and Spring
- You understand why TDD is important
- You own and take pride in contributing to all stages of development
And if you can hit one or two of these as well, even better...
- You have some personal projects on the go (maybe you write a blog, help with friends’ websites, contribute to open source projects etc.)
- Through your work, you have started looking more into the performance of web applications
- You believe in the Agile manifesto
Joining us, you'll also enjoy a number of perks such as:
- Private healthcare and life insurance
- Stock options in SeedLegals
- Private pension
- Flexible hours
- 25 days annual leave + your birthday off
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Budget for training materials, and your home office setup
- Free lunch in the office once a week
- Conference and Meetup opportunities
Our Interview Process:
1) ~40min initial conversation (video call)
2) A ~1hr technical interview. Here, we'll ask you to work through designing a solution to a real world technical challenge we've faced, as well as some questions about your experience with backend code in production environments.