Creative Production Manager (Maternity Cover)
How it started ...
SPOKE began with one big idea:
Fit comes first - if you want to look good, you need to clothes that fit flawlessly.
But most brands can't deliver great fit. They spread their stock thin across lots of stores and stockrooms - leaving huge size gaps. We fall between the gaps.
There's a difference between a 32" and a 34" waist. Because men come in odd numbers too. Not forgetting all sorts of different shapes. A larger waist doesn't always mean a larger thigh, and vice versa.
In 2014 we set about building a digital menswear brand that makes legendary legwear for men, using e-commerce to offer a flawless, personalised fit, without the hassle and expense of bespoke.
We cut clothes in more sizes, and we finish to order - so our clothes fit you, and not the other way around.
In legwear, we discovered the perfect category - underserved and underloved - yet full of opportunity to do things better. So that's where we started, offering up to 378 sizes of trousers.
Today, our range doesn't just run from swim shorts to smart wool trousers. We've added tops and underwear to the mix - also in an an astonishing range of sizes.
More than half of our customers shop again, and 20% return within 30 days - the best endorsement we could ask for.
We have real traction and money to invest behind our ideas – but we’re still young enough that you’ll see your impact every day. You’ll point to SPOKE and say ‘I did that’. And it will feel great.
As our Creative Production Manager (Maternity Cover), it’ll be your job to plan, produce and manage the delivery of all assets needed to support to the Brand & Design Team’s creative output.
Contract: Maternity Cover (8-10 months)
- Lead the production of all e-commerce shoots (models and flats), ensuring the product style, superior quality and details are captured in all imagery
- Lead the production of all season campaign and always-on marketing assets (video and still), for use across print and digital channels
- Collaborate with the Brand Team, responding to briefs to create a production plan that executes the brand marketing calendar
- Manage timelines and budgets for all production activity, transparently and proactively
- Be responsible for all operational and logistical pre-production: sourcing, negotiating and contracting models, photographers, directors, locations, props and equipment
- Manage the shoot from end to end, ensuring the day runs smoothly and all the required samples, outfits, props, equipment and other resources are where they need to be, when they need to be
- Be responsible for and manage the physical set up and dismantling and the return of equipment, clothing and props
- Keep an up-to date black book of art directors, model agencies, photographers, retouchers, stylists and production partners to draw upon
- Be a brand guardian, upholding creative guidelines and ensuring consistency in our visual standards
- Be the day-to-day guardian of our style aesthetic, briefing stylists inline with this and occasionally styling yourself
- Build and maintain the in-house mini studio (where we shoot our e-commerce assets)
- Manage our assets - ensuring secure and organised asset management storage and keeping detailed records of all image usage restrictions
- Own and optimise the production process, ensuring close collaboration across all disciplines
You will report to the Head of Brand and will work alongside our Brand Manger, copywriter and designers, as well as agencies / freelancers where required. But, of course, you’ll also need to work autonomously and independently.
In an ideal world, you’d have ...
- 3-5 years production experience, managing still and/or video shoots
- Great project management skills - the ability to plan work, track progress and keep the wheels turning
- Experience managing stakeholders and external creative partners
- Extraordinary attention to detail and a strong aesthetic sense. Styling experience a bonus, especially in menswear
- Experience managing budgets
- A bias to action - a proven track record of getting things done within a team and autonomously, at high tempo
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities with ease
- A proactive, can-do attitude
BUT ... more than anything else, we value horsepower, and hustle. We’re looking for:
- Commercial instincts - a great, natural sense for what matters, what moves the needle, and what is actually viable, from the perspective of our budget and our brand
- A relentless drive to improve and optimise
- The standard startup toolkit: initiative, energy, a high degree of comfort in an unstructured environment, and a willingness to work across a broad range of roles
- Ideally, an authentic interest in fashion / style / menswea
You can expect:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days of holiday - and 1 additional for each year of service
- Vitality health insurance
- 3% pension matching
- 3&2 working week - work from home (or anywhere else) 2 days per week
- Perhaps the most generous 'trouser allowance' anywhere in the world*
*unproven, but likely
Workplace & Culture
We're an ambitious and driven lot. We're building a household name - and to do that, you need to jump in with both feet. So as a team we value Pace, Accountability, Distinctiveness and Ambition. We push ourselves - and you need to be ready for that.
But we're also passionate about creating a workplace that we all want to spend time in - a workplace characterised by a bit of humanity. Monday morning should feel good - and at SPOKE you encounter a culture that is collegiate, and friendly and supportive - as well as ambitious.
Of course we invest behind the usual suite of team building and bonding activities - whether that is learning to make pots, throw axes or tear around Thorpe Park on some spurious scavenger hunt. There's an annual mini-golf open, a grand prix, and once, a company Crossfit olympiad. On reflection, that was probably harder work than it needed to be, but ... we had fun.
Our office is, honestly, bloody lovely. Its a 30 second walk from Richmond station, so just 20 minutes to Waterloo - but also a stone's throw from the Thames, 5 minutes from Richmond Common ... and in the shadow of Kew Gardens.