Administration, People & HR
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2022
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
We produce the most accurate and trusted data about the carbon markets so that businesses and governments can confidently invest in, deliver, and report on real climate impact. Some of the world’s largest corporations, consultancies, and financial services institutions rely on Sylvera for their climate investment decisions.
Our team is made up of the leading minds in climate change from scientists to academics. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London and Belgrade. We’ve raised over $35m from leading VCs like Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
As our Head of People, you will be responsible for developing and scaling our values, culture, processes to retain and develop our international team. You will keep us focused on and accountable for the people that make Sylvera special, making sure their role here is impactful and fulfilling, and ensuring that as we grow, we stay true to our values.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Partnering directly with the founders in nurturing a highly inclusive, fun and mission-driven culture, and to further develop our talent development strategy to ensure our Sylverans continue to be a driver of our growth and a competitive advantage for the Company
- Overseeing our general people strategy and working with Bella our People Partner on delivery across all core People/HR areas, including: Onboarding, L&D, DEI, Employee Engagement & Experience, Performance Management
- Supporting and guiding Managers in developing team structure and individual talent that supports Sylvera’s long term strategic goals
- Working with the Talent team to onboard and successfully ramp amazing new Sylverans
- Be a listening ear to anyone and a voice driving equity and inclusion across the business
- Work with the Legal team on instilling best practice as an employer
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Has excelled as a Head/Director of People in a high growth start/scale up environment before
- Is a strong business partner to function heads and other leads in the wider Ops team
- Is caring, empathetic and assumes best intent
- Has an outcome-oriented nature to identify and deliver quick wins and long-term strategic progress
- Will balance rigour and pragmatism, and iteratively scale our processes as we grow
- Is demonstrably passionate about this role, business and mission - and the people that make it happen
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Half Day Fridays - 2pm finish every Friday
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
UK (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Sylvera
Something looks off?