Posted on Wednesday, August 16, 2023
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact. Our mission is to incentivize investment in real climate action.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
To help organizations ensure they're making the most effective investments, Sylvera builds software that independently and accurately automates the evaluation of carbon projects that capture, remove, or avoid emissions. With Sylvera's data and tools, businesses and governments can confidently invest in, benchmark, deliver, and report real climate impact.
Our team is made up of the leading minds in climate change from scientists to academics. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London, New York and Belgrade. We’ve raised over $96million from leading VCs like Balderton Capital, Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for maintaining and evolving the UI/UX design for Sylvera products. You will build upon current design principles to envision consistent user flows solving challenging problems in both technical and creative ways, working closely with engineers, product managers, and sales.
In this role, you should be both an analytical problem solver and creative thinker who is able to implement your ideas into sophisticated prototypes and designs. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with ambiguity and experienced with user testing and data to back up design decisions.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Design interaction models, flows, wireframes and high-fidelity mockups that demonstrate how customers will interact with our product
- Use a combination of data and qualitative user research to build your understanding of the customer journey and problems to solve
- Take the initiative to identify problems and act on opportunities to improve the product offering
- Translate complex problems into simple, intuitive solutions that meet both client and business needs
- Run workshops and design sprints with people from different disciplines to solve relevant problems
- You are detail-oriented, yet able to step back, see the bigger picture, be flexible and embrace change
- Present your ideas to different stakeholders, defend design decisions and incorporate feedback into the design cycle
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with early-stage start-up experience
- Has a portfolio/case studies that demonstrate experience working with B2B products, testing and research
- Has 3-5 min years of design experience.
- Is proficient in working with Figma, Miro and Adobe Creative Suite
- Has experience working with design systems, components and knows UX best practices
- SaaS platforms experience is a plus!
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
UK (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.