Product Lead - Geospatial
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact. Our mission is to incentivize investment in real climate action.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
To help organizations ensure they're making the most effective investments, Sylvera builds software that independently and accurately automates the evaluation of carbon projects that capture, remove, or avoid emissions. With Sylvera's data and tools, businesses and governments can confidently invest in, benchmark, deliver, and report real climate impact.
Our team is made up of the leading minds in climate change from scientists to academics. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London, New York and Belgrade. We’ve raised over $96million from leading VCs like Balderton Capital, Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our product offering and engineering teams at pace. We’re looking for a mission-driven, passionate and effective Product Lead to join our product function and bring both a vision and delivery to the development of geospatial data products for internal and external users, maximising user utility and climate impact from our market leading data offerings.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the product leader for three, closely interconnected world leading teams, field science, geospatial machine learning and geospatial data analytics
- Collaborate with the engineering, ratings and commercial teams, aswell as the broader product team to drive alignment on our product vision and roadmap for earth data
- Maintain and develop current products and explore the wealth of new needs and opportunities for our geospatial value streams
- Ensure this compelling content delivers maximum value to our users’ decision making and workflow needs by ensuring it integrates seamlessly with our ratings production web and data platforms and our other offerings
- Live and breathe prioritisation so that we do the most impactful and valuable thing at any given time
- Role model the best product practice, cross functional collaboration, user engagement and data driven thinking and be a champion for product that will help make the Sylvera product team *the* aspirational product environment in climate tech.
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth 🌎
- Has deep interest in geospatial data and insights in the context of carbon markets and climate policy🏦
- Has shipped multiple products or major features in a B2B environment, including at least one from inception to commercial launch to iteration🚢
- Cares about the detail and is willing to get hands dirty - because our customers care 💅
- Prefers customer insights and engagement to theory and at the same time can assemble a vision that is more than the average of customer comments - skating to where the puck is going 🏒
- Is excited to work with internal swell as external users, powering our external product offerings with the right data to maximise utility
- Can work with multiple teams (e.g. engineering, policy and ratings teams) to intelligently trade off the need to ship urgently and iterate with long term scalability
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments
Desirable but not required experience:
- Experience in venture backed early or growth stage (series A to C) businesses 🌲
- Experience in financial services, financial data, regtech or consulting in a relevant domain
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Early finishes on fridays whenever we can
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
UK (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.