Frontend Software Engineer
Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2023
What is Sylvera anyway? 👩👨🌳
Sylvera provides carbon data for genuine climate impact. Our mission is to incentivize investment in real climate action.
Purchasing credits through the carbon markets is one of the most established and scalable ways to channel finance from the private sector to effective climate solutions and work toward societal net zero. Unfortunately, the voluntary carbon markets have been plagued with mistrust and a lack of effectiveness since they’ve emerged – until Sylvera.
To help organizations ensure they're making the most effective investments, Sylvera builds software that independently and accurately automates the evaluation of carbon projects that capture, remove, or avoid emissions. With Sylvera's data and tools, businesses and governments can confidently invest in, benchmark, deliver, and report real climate impact.
Our team is made up of the leading minds in climate change from scientists to academics. We work in partnership with scientific organisations, universities, governments and think tanks to develop and test rigorous and holistic ratings methodologies, leveraging the latest technology. Founded in 2020, Sylvera has 150+ employees across the world with offices in London, New York and Belgrade. We’ve raised over $96million from leading VCs like Balderton Capital, Index Ventures and Insight Partners to date.
What will I be doing? 👩💻👨💻
Having found early product-market fit in a nascent, rapidly growing space, we’re now scaling our Frontend Software Engineering team at pace. We’re looking for a mission-driven, Frontend Software Engineer to join our Engineering function and bring great React/NextJS skills in order to help build out our increasing number of apps and features.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Interacting with core stakeholders (Product Manager, Team Leads, Designers, Delivery Manager) to help solve problems and architect solutions
- Work closely with the rest of the Frontend engineering team to support, ensure and maintain code standards
- Build robust apps that scale with a focus on quality and speed
We’re looking for someone who: 🧠💚
- Has experience planning their work with a view to deliver
- Has experience working with Typescript, React, NextJS
- Has a focus on quality, unit-testing, and - where possible - end-to-end Cypress testing
- Someone with experience working with a mid-large scale company
- Cares deeply about the climate and ecosystems of the earth
- Is a self-starter who thrives in constantly evolving environments, ideally with startup experience
We’d like someone highly ambitious, motivated and eager to propel their career forward. We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description
- Equity in a rapidly growing startup
- No corners cut in having the best tech to do your job
- Unlimited annual leave - and encouragement to actually use it!
- Enhanced parental leave
- Up to 20 days paid sick leave
- £500 WFH allowance
- Access to Mental Health support via Spill
- Monthly team socials
UK (with access to an office in London if you wanted to come in)
Our Values 🙌
Own it: We believe in giving people the autonomy to own their impact.
Stay curious: Our business is built on transparency and debunking misperceptions.
Do what’s right - even when it’s hard: The right path isn’t always easy or obvious.
Collaborate with kindness: Great teams are built on open communication and respect.
What if you’re a partial fit? 🌱
We prioritise grit, positivity, and the willingness to get stuck in, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Equal employment opportunity 🌈
Sylvera is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.