Research Engineer - Synthetic Actors
Who are we?
On a mission to make video easy for anyone …
It is an exciting time to join Synthesia as we reached a hallmark by becoming a Unicorn, having raised $90 million in Series C funding and now evaluated at $1 billion!! ✨ 🦄
Synthesia is the world’s #1 AI video generation platform. Well, it’s actually a video production studio — in a browser. As in, no cameras or film crews at all. You simply choose an avatar, enter your script in one of 60 languages, and your video is ready in minutes. In Synthesia, you can build personalised on-the-fly videos, give your chatbot a human face or run 24/7 weather channels in different languages, to name just a few of the possibilities. 🎬
We believe the future of media is synthetic, and we are on a mission to turn cameras into code and make everyone a creator. To learn more, check out our brand video that explains what we’re doing at Synthesia.
About the role
We are looking for a Research Engineer, with passion for working on cutting edge problems that can help us create highly realistic, emotional and life-like synthetic humans through text-to-video.
Our aim is to make video content creation available for all - not only to studio production!
🧑🏼🔬 You will be someone who loves to push the boundaries and uncover brand new solutions to challenging problems in the AI field. You are used to working in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will have experience with the software development life cycle, from ideation through implementation, to testing and release. You will also have extensive knowledge and experience in the domain of 3D Human Modelling.
👩💼 You will join a group of more than 40 Researchers and Engineers in the R&D department. Our research is guided by our co-founders - Prof. Lourdes Agapito and Prof. Matthias Niessner. This is an open, collaborative and highly supportive environment. We are all working together to build something big - the future of synthetic media and programmable video through Generative AI. We are proud of the culture, as well as the impact of the technology we are building. Our team's paper on HumanRF has been selected by both CVPR and SIGGRAPH: HumanRF: High-Fidelity Neural Radiance Fields for Humans in Motion
What will you be doing?
🚀 In this position, you will join our R&D team working on developing a generative 3D model of humans. You will help us with conducting experiments and preparing solutions for building Humanlike Avatars in 3D! In this role you will:
- Work with state-of-the-art multiple view video datasets of people.
- Create high-fidelity representations of 3D humans.
- Explore the state-of-the-art methods using NeRFs.
- Explore the state-of-the-art methods for generative 3D modelling.
- Set up high quality data-sets.
- Implement data pipelines for image and geometry data processing.
- Implement and evaluate baseline methods.
- Develop production quality code to implement methods into working systems.
- Support and develop best practises in development across the team.
- Own the full ML lifecycle from concept, data, code, experiment to delivery.
Who are you?
We are looking for experienced Research Engineers, someone who thrives working in a busy start-up environment and is prepared to learn something new every day! You will have:
- 3+ years experience in Computer Vision and Generative AI. Having a related PhD is an advantage!
- Practical Experience and in-depth understanding of NeRFs and Signed distance functions.
- Strong knowledge of Multi-layer perceptron (MLP) and Shape representation models.
- Experience in 3D computer vision and Computer graphics, you understand multiple view geometry.
- Excellent coding skills in Python - our teams work full-stack, you will deliver solutions from a concept to production-ready code.
- Experience with most modern frameworks for deep learning (PyTorch) as well as for software development (Git, Linux).
- Ability to build efficient solutions for real-time rendering.
- Outstanding communication skills.
Nice to have…
- Publications record in acclaimed Computer Vision Conferences (CVPR, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, NeurIPS, ECCV, 3DV etc.)
- Experience with different types of Diffusion models, GANs and Transformers.
- Experience with C++ / CUDA.
The good stuff...
💸 You will be compensated well (salary + stock options + bonus)
📍 You will work in a hybrid setting with an office in Munich, Germany
🏝 You get 25 days of annual leave + public holidays
🥳 You will join an established company culture with regular socials and company retreats
🤩 You get 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 4 years at the company + $10,000!!
👉 You can participate in a generous referral scheme
🚀 You will have huge opportunities for your career growth
You can see more about Who we are and How we work here: https://www.synthesia.io/careers