Machine Learning Engineer - Large Models
Who are we?
On a mission to make video easy for anyone …
It is an exciting time to join Synthesia as we reached a hallmark by becoming a Unicorn, having raised $90 million in Series C funding and now evaluated at $1 billion!! ✨ 🦄
Synthesia is the world’s #1 AI video generation platform. Well, it’s actually a video production studio — in a browser. As in, no cameras or film crews at all. You simply choose an avatar, enter your script in one of 60 languages, and your video is ready in minutes. In Synthesia, you can build personalised on-the-fly videos, give your chatbot a human face or run 24/7 weather channels in different languages, to name just a few of the possibilities. 🎬
We believe the future of media is synthetic, and we are on a mission to turn cameras into code and make everyone a creator. To learn more, check out our brand video that explains what we’re doing at Synthesia.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer, with passion for working on cutting edge problems that can help us create highly realistic, emotional and life-like synthetic humans through text-to-video.
Our aim is to make video content creation available for all - not only to studio production!
🧑🏼🔬 You will be someone who loves to code and build working systems. You are used to working in a fast-paced start-up environment. You will have experience with the software development life cycle, from ideation through implementation, to testing and release.
👩💼 You will join a group of more than 40 Engineers in the R&D department and will have the opportunity to collaborate with multiple research teams across diverse areas, our R&D research is guided by our co-founders - Prof. Lourdes Agapito and Prof. Matthias Niessner.
If you know and love Voicebox, Whisper, VALL-E, SPEAR-TTS and more - and you love machine learning and large data, then we would love to talk to you. We will also want to talk to you - if that's what you dream of doing. 🤩
What will you be doing?
🚀 In this position, you'll join the team to help develop our LLM-based TTS system that will provide our customers with voice clones that are indistinguishable from real voices. You will also help us create high quality, production ready code and take ownership of production pipelines. This would include:
- Creating new or refining existing data processing pipelines that will run on very large amounts of data.
- Taking hypotheses, ideas or papers and creating implementations of solutions on the back of these.
- Running experiments on the back of the created implementations to evaluate and verify your hypotheses.
- Contributing to a high-quality codebase, developing tests where necessary, and participating in code reviews.
- Helping a team of Research engineers and Scientists to write clean and efficient code, and define best practices.
- Taking ownership of the full ML lifecycle from concept, development, testing, validation to deployment.
- Developing production quality software, our teams work “full stack” with the ability to deliver direct to product and impact the world.
- Optimising for deployment - turning prototypes into working solutions.
Who are you?
- You have a background in Computer Science and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- You have read papers / worked with Large Language Models and you are keen to learn more.
- You have excellent coding skills in Python and you are very passionate about the software development side of things.
- You are interested in doing research, trying new things and finding out what "sticks".
- And finally..You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and you are passionate about what you do!
Nice to have…
- Practical knowledge of PyTorch's distributed/parallel approaches and associated tools.
- Transformers, Huggingface, DeepSpeed.
- AWS framework.
The good stuff...
💸 You will be compensated well (salary + stock options + bonus)
📍 You will work in a hybrid setting with an office in London
🏝 You get 25 days of annual leave + public holidays
🥳 You will join an established company culture with regular socials and company retreats
🤩 You get 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 4 years at the company + $10,000!!
👉 You can participate in a generous referral scheme
🚀 You will have huge opportunities for your career growth
You can see more about Who we are and How we work here: https://www.synthesia.io/careers