Accounts Payable Analyst - London
Why is now a really exciting time to join Synthesia?
Synthesia's vision is to build the first fully programmable video generation platform and help everyone transform non-video content into video. We are the world’s leader in synthetic AI, working with some of the world’s biggest corporate and media brands; BBC, EY, Facebook, McDonalds, Amazon and WPP, to name a few! We already partner with big celebrity names such as David Beckham and Lionel Messi, a campaign collaboration which also received a Cannes Lion Award in 2021. We have crazy user traction with our first self-service product for businesses in just 6 months since the unveiling! Despite the product still being in public beta, we have a very high NPS of 71 and growing! Today we are a +250-person company having recently closed our Series C investment round of $90m from names like Mark Cuban, First Mark Capital, Kleiner Perkins, Seedcamp, Google Ventures and more! Currently ranked 4.8/5 on G2 🌟 We are officially a Unicorn company!!!🦄🎉 Not sure what we’re talking about? Check out our brand video that explains what we’re doing at Synthesia in a way that even our grandparents *kind of * understand what this AI video stuff is all about!
Join the rocket ship while it's taking off! 🚀
With the company experiencing rapid growth, the finance department serves a fundamental role in assisting & facilitating the company to scale. Due to this, we are now looking for a highly motivated Accounts Payable Analyst who can build on this solid foundation and ensure that the Finance function remains strong as we scale further.
As an Accounts Payable Analyst you will take ownership for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices for our five global entities. The role involves working closely with the team to help deliver a truly best-in-class finance function.
- Process a high volume of invoices, verifying accuracy, proper coding, and adherence to the company’s expense approval policy
- Prepare and process weekly payment runs, ensuring accurate and timely payment to suppliers in line with the agreed terms
- Maintain our expense management software and ensure employees are correctly reimbursed in line with company policy
- Contribute to month-end closing procedures by reconciling accounts payable related accounts and preparing necessary prepayments and accruals schedules
- Assisting with the statutory audit
- Assisting with ad hoc finance and accounting projects which could include implementation of new systems or procedures.
- Analyse accounts payable data to identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for process improvements.
- London based
- At least Level 3 AAT with 3+ years working in accounts payable or related financial roles
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency in using accounting and expense automation tools
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- A commercial mind with a can-do “roll your sleeves up” attitude
- A top performer which is visible in both your academic and professional achievements.
It would be preferable if you:
- Have a professional certification, such as AAT, ACA/ACCA, CIMA, or similar
- Have experience working with NetSuite
- Have experience working with or in SaaS companies
The ideal candidate for this role will be someone who is passionate about finance, is eager to join a dynamic and innovative tech company and will play a vital role in developing a best-in-class finance function.
At Synthesia we expect everyone to...
- Be an owner.
- Focus on outcomes over Inputs and Plans
- Make the journey fun
- Default to simple.
You can read more about this in this public Notion page - https://synthesia.notion.site/How-we-work-at-Synthesia-f794caa72f8446efb6be22b551ce0fa2
The good stuff...
In addition to being a part of a great team, working in a fun and innovative environment, we offer...
💸 A competitive salary + stock options in our fast-growing Series C start-up.
🍼 Paid parental leave.
🌴 25 days of annual leave + public holidays in the country where you are based.
🚲 Cycle to work scheme (London).
🥳 Regular socials and company retreats + free office snacks and regular tasty lunches!
🤩 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 4 years at the company + $10,000 USD.
👉 A generous referral scheme.
🧓 Pension contribution/salary sacrifice.
💻 A brand new computer + monitor and an additional home office set-up budget.
🚀 A huge opportunity for career growth as you’ll help shape a market-defining product.
✨ We will always take hustle and ambition over grades and have structured our interview process to reflect this.
If you want to be a part of building a legendary company, COME JOIN US! 😊
☮️ Synthesia is fully committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. Our ambition is to have an environment that is equitable, diverse and inclusive for all our employees now and in the future.
We believe that everyone at Synthesia is equally important, that we should celebrate diversity and the value it brings, and that everyone should feel they belong. We want to be a business that champions equality and an inclusive culture; where there are no barriers to colleagues realising their potential; and where every individual feels valued, respected and accepted. 🏳️🌈