Greetings, Localization hero 👋🏻
Note: the job post includes images and links, in case you can't see them: (https://boards.eu.greenhouse.io/synthesia/jobs/4216458101)
This is not a usual job description, but there is a good reason for that.
It's going to take you 5 minutes to read it, but it is 100% worth it.
Let us explain.
Over the past 100 years, media production went through cycles of innovation that impacted the production, distribution, and consumption of media in ways that we couldn't predict.
Things are changing quickly, technologies grow and evolve in multiple waves.
One of the ways to think about how technologies emerge is that stuff tends to begin small and slow. There is an early period where the technology isn't quite working and it doesn't look like it's going to be very useful or important.
But then, it reaches a point where the growth accelerates upwards. It moves from the period when it was kind of a crazy idea to a period of excitement and growth.
Everything starts working.
At Synthesia, we believe the future of media is synthetic. Not sure what's that about? Check this article written by our CEO Victor Riparbelli: https://www.synthesia.io/post/the-future-of-synthetic-media
It's kind of a crazy idea.
But after 5 years of research and a roller coaster ride of successes and failures, here is a graph showing the number of AI videos created by our customers in 2021 (in 2023 it's continuing to grow exponentially).
Not that crazy of an idea anymore, huh? 😉
In 2021 we've raised two funding rounds with a total of $62M from legendary investors such as Kleiner Perkins and Google Ventures.
And now, in June 2023, we've raised an additional $90M from Accel and NVIDIA at a $1B Unicorn valuation.
And yet, we're just getting started building the foundations of a whole new type of media.
We're still extremely early, and you have the chance to be a pioneer and shape the future of video production!
To continue our growth trajectory, we're looking for a passionate Localization Manager.
We have a product/market fit, good website fundamentals and we're ready to push the throttle down on localization. Come aboard! 🚀
About the job
In this position, you will join our Marketing team as our first Localization Manager (this is first an IC position and might over time develop into a team).
What's exciting about this job?
At Synthesia, we already have a ton of website traffic and international traffic so it's time to make both our website and product localized. We want to do this propertly - that's why we're hiring you ;)
How will your day to day look like?
You will procure and implement a scalable translation system. You will then manage the workflows and make sure that localization is spotless and has minimal impact on our speed of iteration (both on the marketing website and in product).
You can see more about who we are and how we work here: https://www.synthesia.io/careers
🤔 Interested? Imagine joining Airbnb, Stripe, Figma - before they had a well defined brand, when they were just starting to take off. That's how early we are. 🤩
- 4+ years working at a B2B SaaS tech startup managing Localization projects
- Experience with implementing and managing a Translation Management Tools is a must (tools like Localise, Weglot, etc)
- Besides English you're fluent in either German, Spanish, Portuguese or French
- You have an understanding of product development best practices and know how to integrate Translation Management Tool in a modern continuous integration setup
- Experience with Webflow CMS is a plus
- People Management: Some experience managing+hiring other people is a plus
- 💸 We are generous - you will be compensated fairly (incl. stock option plan)
- ✨ We are mindful - you will have the flexibility to work from home and rest when you need to.
- 💻 We are a tech company - you will have access to all the equipment you need.
- 🎉 We are fun - we do company off-sites, team dinners, and other social activities.
- 📈 We want you to grow - you will be joining a bunch of exceptional professionals who will help you shape the career you are dreaming of.
PS: if you have any questions about this position, feel free to ping Jakob Marovt directly on Linkedin.