Audio/Video Annotator - Generative AI
Who are we?
On a mission to make video easy for anyone …
It is an exciting time to join Synthesia as we reached a hallmark by becoming a Unicorn, having raised $90 million in Series C funding and now evaluated at $1 billion!! ✨ 🦄
Synthesia is the world’s #1 AI video generation platform. Well, it’s actually a video production studio — in a browser. As in, no cameras or film crews at all. You simply choose an avatar, enter your script in one of 60 languages, and your video is ready in minutes. In Synthesia, you can build personalised on-the-fly videos, give your chatbot a human face or run 24/7 weather channels in different languages, to name just a few of the possibilities. 🎬
We believe the future of media is synthetic, and we are on a mission to turn cameras into code and make everyone a creator. To learn more, check out our brand video that explains what we’re doing at Synthesia.
About the role
We are looking for a detail-oriented and experienced Data Annotator to join our team. You will be responsible for both annotating in-house data-sets and ensuring the quality assurance of our outsourced data annotation deliveries.
Your key responsibilities will include text, audio, image, and video annotation tasks, following detailed guidelines. The successful candidate will be comfortable working with standard tools and workflows for data annotation and possess the ability to manage projects and requirements effectively.
This is a mid-level position with potential for advancement into data annotation project management roles.
👩💼 You will join a group of more than 40 Researchers and Engineers in the R&D department. This is an open, collaborative and highly supportive environment. We are all working together to build something big - the future of synthetic media and programmable video through Generative AI. You will be a central part of a dynamic and vibrant team and culture.
Please, note, this role is office-based. You will be working at our modern friendly office at the very heart of London - just off Oxford Street.
What will you be doing?
🚀 In this position, You will be collaborating with our Machine Learning teams to define requirements for data annotation projects. We want you to:
- Actively participate and deliver internal annotation projects for text, audio, and video data.
- Manage data delivery for external data annotation workflows.
- Conduct quality assurance to ensure the high quality of deliverables for our external annotation projects.
- Ensure adherence to all project requirements and guidelines.
- Communicate effectively within the team and with external parties when necessary.
- Constantly seek improvements in data annotation processes and workflows.
Who are you?
You will have:
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in data annotation or a related field.
- Strong digital literacy and familiarity with tech/AI fields.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or Google Suite.
- Exceptional communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with presentation tools such as PowerPoint or Google Slides.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Nice to have tools/skills:
- Experience with data annotation platform or software is a plus.
The good stuff...
💸 You will be compensated well (salary + stock options + bonus)
📍 You will work in a hybrid setting with an office in central London just off Oxford Street.
🏝 You get 25 days of annual leave + public holidays
🏥 You will have Private Health Insurance
🥳 You will join an established company culture with regular socials and company retreats
🤩 You get 4 weeks paid sabbatical after 4 years at the company + $10,000!!
👉 You can participate in a generous referral scheme
🚀 You will have huge opportunities for your career growth
You can see more about Who we are and How we work here: https://www.synthesia.io/careers